Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verizon iPhone 7 (Matt Black 128GB) Dropping Service

I have had the Verizon iPhone 7 for about 5 days now and my service, while I am driving continues to drop from LTE to 3G and then no service at all. Occasionally it comes back after a few minutes.... but typically I have to reboot my phone and the service is back with LTE.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? This did not happen on my 6 Plus with ios 10.

iPhone 7, iOS 10.0.2

Posted on Sep 27, 2016 5:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2016 6:04 AM

I have the exact same problem. Sim was replaced and even had the phone replaced with no help to the issue.

20 replies

Sep 29, 2016 1:24 PM in response to PatrickM10

On our third iPhone 7 (ATT, 128gb) - first two had no service or incredibly weak service. For the initial phone, it was an issue out of the box. For the first replacement, it worked for 2-3 days, then the same condition.

Second replacement arrived an hour ago, will be setting up tonight. New SIMs, set up as new, verified with ATT three times there are no provisioning issues....lets see... In fact, using the same SIM in the prior 6s is absolutely fine.

That's my son's phone - my Plus arrives tomorrow, so curious what I'll see..

Sep 29, 2016 3:30 PM in response to PatrickM10

Yes, I am having the same problem on my iPhone 7 with ATT, less bars, calls dropping in and out of LTE. I talked to Apple and they asked me to call ATT to reset network. ATT said their network was fine but reset network anyway to see if signal strength or calls would be any better. I was asked why I wasn't using wifi calling and then I was asked to switch my phones LTE from Data and Voice to Data only. Asked me to try that for 24 hours and see what happens!!!!

Personally I think there is a software or design issue creating this problem and we will hopefully see a real fix soon in a iOS update or ATT network fix. I don't get it, a newer phone should be better antenna, better design and or better everything!!!!! Were not reinventing the wheel here were on the iPhone 7!!!!!

Sep 30, 2016 6:22 AM in response to PatrickM10

The same is true for me on T-Mobile's network. My 6S with iOS 9 was great, my 7 128GB iOS 10.0.2 matte black does't compare. I'm really hoping this gets resolved soon because the loss in reception is frustrating. I would get 3-4 bars of continuous LTE and download rates between 6-15 Mbs in my home; now I'm seeing 2-3 bars of 3G or 1 bar of LTE with speeds between .4-2.3 Mbs.

Sep 30, 2016 6:35 AM in response to PatrickM10

I had a similar issue for couple of weeks and what seems to have fixed it for me and I am still testing it is simply restarting the phone. Try it out it might work for you too. I do have a problem with Bluetooth though in my car, phone goes through the car speakers but you tube and other apps don't, definitely an iOS10 issue because I experienced that on my iPhone 6 Plus when I was testing out the beta. Hope they release a fix soon

Oct 4, 2016 3:36 AM in response to PatrickM10

I have this problem as well. I upgraded from my iPhone 6 to a 7 and I have had severe connection problems every since. The phone either drops the call or I can hear the other person but they can't hear me. I have also noticed that places I always had LTE coverage now shows weak 3G or even 1x. Prior to seeing this post I was planning on switching to ATT&T as the problem makes the phone almost unusable for business calls.

Oct 4, 2016 6:13 AM in response to Kproch

Update

Out of my frustration I decided to email Tim Cook last week, expecting nothing to happen, surprisingly I was contacted by a Apple corporate executive relations person, I expressed my concerns with the new phone. She was going to connect me with a senior technical advisor to do testing & discussions over my concerns with the new phone. So I will post more after my discussions tomorrow evening, hopefully I will have an update on our problems & heartache.

Oct 4, 2016 6:15 AM in response to PatrickM10

I had same issue (dropped coverage while using navigation apps with my new iPhone 7)

Verizon Wireless finally knows this is an issue. They said Verizon and Apple working on it. For now, the solution is to turn off HD Voice (go to Settings --> Cellular --> Cellular Data Options --> Enable LTE --> Data Only)

Once they fix the issue, you can switch back to Voice & Data

I made this change and it worked! No more dropped coverage while using navigation apps with my new iPhone 7

Verizon iPhone 7 (Matt Black 128GB) Dropping Service

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.