Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pop/Crack sound from speakers when dialing from iphone 7

Hi

I've had my iphone 7 for a few days, and I've noticed that when I call a number for the first time after I unlock the phone, there is a small "pop" sound from the speakers.. All further calls will not have this little "pop" sound until I lock and unlock the phone again.

More detailed I have found out that if I lock and then unlock the phone within 4 seconds or less, the small "pop" sound will not come, but if I wait 5 or more seconds before unlocking the phone the small "pop" sound will reappear for the first call I make.

The reason I became aware of this is probably because the phone started make loud cracks after all sounds it made when I had it connected to my bluetooth headset, and I had to do a soft reset from settings to make the sound normal again. When I tested the sound, I became aware of this little crack when dialing.

I'm affraid there is something wrong with my phone, but I also think that the 5 second "timer" from unlocking indicates that it is software related, either intended or not.

iPhone 7, iOS 10.0.2

Posted on Sep 28, 2016 12:36 AM

29 replies

Aug 5, 2017 8:56 PM in response to Apple0229

Found a solution to the problem. What you do is go to Noise Cancellation and turn it off. Dial any phone number and let it ring. You can hang up as soon as the phone rings. Go back to noise cancellation and turn it back on. Right after that, do a hard reset by holding the power button and volume down switch until the Apple logo shows up. This should correct the problem. Let me know if it works.

Oct 10, 2016 10:23 AM in response to frankfromhillerod

I have the same issue with my iPhone 7 (32GB).

It takes longer than 5 secs for me to be able to repeat the "pop" noise when dialing though.

First attempt results in a "pop", then I have to put the phone to sleep for anywhere between 10 seconds and several minutes before it will repeat again.

My current assumption is that it's a software glitch. I'm wondering if I should do a full restore/reset.

Oct 10, 2016 10:44 AM in response to Rust

You know what. Just the other day, I installed skype for calling with a stronger signal(cell is weak where I live), and I noticed that the little pop did not appear using the skype dialer for calling. I went back to the normal dialer app, and it was gone there too. It have lasted for full 2 days now, even with restarts of the phone.. it crazy 😀

Almost certainly software bugs some sort.

Oct 27, 2016 2:26 PM in response to frankfromhillerod

I also have the exact issue with my iphone 7 128 gb.. I have been using it for a week and as of today I have noticed this popping sound when I unlock the phone and dial a number from recent calls. I guess it just started to happen since I dont remember I have noticed during previous days.

To repeat the pop noise, I have to lock the phone and wait for several seconds. It wont repeat back otherwise.

Further to your feedback related to skype, I have also downloaded but I still have popping noise 😟

I too believe this looks to be software related.

for now I am thinking to wait for some time if it goes on its own or after next ios update.

If there are others having exact issue, please share.

Nov 3, 2016 7:05 PM in response to JPH31174

Do one thing-

1)Unlock your iPhone

2)Hit settings

3)Tap General

4)Scroll down to reset

5)Punch "Erase network settings"

6)Wait for the phone to reboot and recommence initialisation

7)Hit settings again

8)Turn "Noise cancellation on"

Place a call and let me know if the issue still persists.After following the procedure above you wouldn't hopefully say that we have a solution at the expense of a feature.

Pop/Crack sound from speakers when dialing from iphone 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.