Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home App - loading accessories and scenes

As the headline reads Home app is stuck on loading accessories and scenes.

- Brand new iPhone 7 with iOS 10.0.2

• Tried with an old iCloud account & a brand new account.
  • Have tried to log out and log in on the iCloud account.
  • Resetting the network settings

How to fix this?

User uploaded file

iPhone 7, iOS 10.0.2, Home

Posted on Sep 29, 2016 7:18 AM

23 replies

Mar 22, 2017 6:28 AM in response to bobkelso_527

I had the same issue and been bumping my head into the walls to fix this.

I have two iphones, 7 and 7 plus and it was working fine on both the phones. One day I had this brilliant idea to turn on KEYCHAIN and all the imaginable issues started happening with my iCloud and home app.

I tried everything (resetting, sign in/out of icloud and all other methods on internet) and nothing was working for me.

What worked for me is as under:

1. I reset both my iphones (kept iphone 7 off)

2. Just turned on 7+ and logged into my apple id

3. Setup the phone as new (did not load any backup)

4. Enabled keychain

5. The keychain struck on pending (so i reset the keychain by going to forgot code)

6. Once keychain was up and running, i opened the Home app and was greeted by "loading accessories and scenes"

7. I closed the home app, cleared the ram and restarted my phone

8. Opened the Home app again and still was seeing "loading accessories and scenes"

9. I left the app in the same state and turned off the display. After about 2 to 3 hours when I turned back to the app it gave me some text like "the loading is taking unexpectedly long time, do you want to reset the home app". I pressed the reset button and everything started working fine.

Just let the app in the loading state for long time and it would ask you to reset it.

Hope it solves your issue.

Best Regards,

Masham

May 5, 2017 7:37 PM in response to bobkelso_527

The "Loading Scenes and Accessories" issues is something Apple needs to address. This issue is extremely frustrating and indicates there is an architectural and design flaw in how Apple designed their Homekit application. I am a big Apple fan - I own Apple stock, own a Mac, iPhone, iPad, iWatch, and 5 Apple TVs - the fact that Apple can not solve this issue to easily reset the Homekit data on the phone is an issue. I am a tech savy individual and after reading discussion boards I have tried countless work arounds:

1. Reseting all Settings on iPhone (at recommendation of associate at the Apple store - this was a headache as I had to reload and set all kinds of settings )

2. Logging in and out of iCloud

3. Rebooting Phone (multiple times)

4. Turnning off and back on Keychain

5. Creating a seperate iCloud account, logging out of my primary account and then logging in with other icloud account, and then logging back in with my primary account)

6. Turning off Home Data in iCloud Settings and turning it back on.

7. Using my Mac to reset my Keychain Datan

8. Deleting and reinstalling the Home App

9. Opening the app and Waiting for 30-45minutes like some people suggested.

None of these solutions worked.

I called Apple support and their answer was "You need to do a total reset on your phone then reload everything" I told them this was not an acceptable answer since the point of Homekit was to make life easier and reseting my phone and reloading, authenticating all my apps etc every time the service was corrupted. The Apple associate on the phone went to get another answer and after 5 minutes on hold i was disconnected. The whole point of "Homekit" and the Apple Home app is to simpliy your life and to make things easier.

Apple needs to come out with a patch or product update to fix this bug and make a setting to reset all Home Data.

Jul 4, 2017 11:23 PM in response to mashamsh

Hi everyone I had this same issue as well and I was experimenting and found that if you completely sign out of icloud, sign in with a different icloud account (i just made a fake account), and then set up home with that “new” apple id. Then after the home is working (which it will because the issue is with icloud not the app) go to icloud and sign back into your actual account. This should work

Jul 11, 2017 8:49 PM in response to bobkelso_527

I had set up Home kit on my iPhone successfully. I have an Ecobee thermostat and Philips Hue hub. I tried to set it up on my wifes iPhone but got the interminable Loading problem. I just discovered that if I went into the Hue hub settings, advanced and shared my homekit setup, it all worked. In the Hue app, under Settings, Advanced there is an option to share with another device. I entered my wifes email address for sharing, and she received an invitation to share. After accepting the invitation, re-opening Home on her phone revealed all of our devices and scenes etc. A miracle after days of trying to get anything to show up.

Now another problem! My message has invalid characters. Originally tried posting to same issue in Developers forum. Now trying here. I am slowly losing faith in Apple. It is heading in the same downward buggy spiral that Microsoft pioneered. I shall try to remove anything other than a letter and see if that works. Jeez!

Sep 30, 2016 9:00 AM in response to bobkelso_527

Hello there, bobkelso_527!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It looks like you are having trouble getting the HomeKit to complete the setup. Home is a great app to use to control your products through your iPhone! Let's first have you start off by force closing the Home app and then restarting the iPhone and see if the accessories and scenes will then load.

Force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists, please delete the Home app and reinstall it.

Remove built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iOS device with iOS 10

If still having an issue after removing and reinstalling the app, what you would want to do then is check out this article about how to Use the Home app on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch . It might be a good idea to try setting it up by following these steps in the article:

Delete your home data or reset your accessories

Moving to a new home and want to set up and control your new home with your accessories? You can remove your home and manually reset your accessories.

To delete your Home data:

1. Open Home and tap the Home tab.
  2. Tap User uploaded file.
  3. Scroll to the bottom and tap Remove Home. Then tap Delete to confirm.
  4. You might need to reset each of your accessories. To reset your accessory, look for a button on the accessory, check its manual, or contact the manufacturer.

Once you have set the Home app back up, you should be able to complete the set up successfully. Have a great day!

Oct 2, 2016 12:51 AM in response to AppleJen77

Thanks for the suggestions.

What i tried:
1. a brand new icloud account.
2. log out and log in on the iCloud account (all devices)
3. Resetting the network settings
4. Factory settings.
5. keychain off / on
6. Router reboot

Anyways, the solution for me:
1. Get an old iOS device without iOS 10
2. login to your iCloud on the old device.
3. Add homebridge on the old device.
4. On the New device Press home app and done.

Home App - loading accessories and scenes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.