Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

onedrive app won't let me login

When I install the OneDrive App on my Macbook Pro and attempt to use it. First the login window comes up and I get the following error message. At this point I am stuck. I have uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail.

Cannot login to iCloud on my MacBook. When I enter my email (****) it tells me "make sure you typed your email address correctly. It usually looks like someeone@example.com or someone@example.onmicrosoft.com". No matter how may times I reenter my email and my password I get this message

<Personal Information Edited by Host>

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), macOS Sierra (10.12)

Posted on Oct 15, 2016 7:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2017 9:42 AM

• Exit OneDrive.
  • Find OneDrive in your Applications folder
  • Right click and select “show packaged contents”
  • Navigate into the Contents/Resources folder
  • Double click on ResetOneDriveApp.command (This will be ResetOneDriveStandaloneApp.command for standalone app)
  • Start OneDrive and finish the setup process
  • When choosing location, select the previous OneDrive syncing location. Files won’t be redownloaded if they haven’t changed.
18 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2017 9:42 AM in response to Stono_Marsh

• Exit OneDrive.
  • Find OneDrive in your Applications folder
  • Right click and select “show packaged contents”
  • Navigate into the Contents/Resources folder
  • Double click on ResetOneDriveApp.command (This will be ResetOneDriveStandaloneApp.command for standalone app)
  • Start OneDrive and finish the setup process
  • When choosing location, select the previous OneDrive syncing location. Files won’t be redownloaded if they haven’t changed.

Oct 16, 2016 4:17 AM in response to Stono_Marsh

One addition to the error message I missed before. "make sure you typed your email address correctly. It usually looks like someeone@example.com or someone@example.onmicrosoft.com".

Above that line there is a statement when I enter my email (i.e., myname@example.com):

"Example.com isn't in our system"

But it is as I mentioned I have used it to login on all my devices and my browser.

Any thoughts or other places to look (microsoft sites) would be appreciated.

onedrive app won't let me login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.