Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 Plus Wifi problem

Upgraded my iPhone 6 to a 7 plus. Ever since doing so I have been having constant issues with the wifi dropping and then reconecting. The problem seems to be isolated to my home and just to my phone. My 2011 MacBook Pro and iPad always maintain a good connectio. Any idea what it could be?

thanks

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.0.2

Posted on Oct 17, 2016 4:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2017 1:32 PM

hey I also have that same issues it happens randomly with myiphone 7while my iPad and MacBook working just fine. I normally just toggle off the wifi and turn it back on and it works. let me know if you permanently fixed the issue

51 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2017 1:32 PM in response to maschein

hey I also have that same issues it happens randomly with myiphone 7while my iPad and MacBook working just fine. I normally just toggle off the wifi and turn it back on and it works. let me know if you permanently fixed the issue

Mar 12, 2017 3:21 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

Did this and no change. Two other IPhones (6 and 5s) and two IPads do NOT have this problem. Problem is it is eating up my cell plan data! When I am at home and think I am on wifi, it drops and suddenly I am using cell service for data. It does not always reconnect to my home wifi and I have to constantly remember to reconnect after being away. Thin is not an issue for other Apple devices on our network, only my iPhone 7.

Mar 23, 2017 9:01 AM in response to maschein

I'm also having this issue. Thought it was an issue with my wifi router but it seems to only effect my iPhone 7+. I have 3 different access points. Regardless of access point (which I can isolate), or network frequency (2.4G or 5G) I get the same issue. I've not managed to confirm but it seems to always get notifications though which is a bit odd...

Has anyone taken their phone into the Apple Store to get them to look at it?

Mar 30, 2017 1:20 PM in response to maschein

I'm also having this exact same issue. Phone is still connected to my Wifi but will not load anything. Took in to the Apple store today and was told "If I'm receiving a signal at all, it is NOT a hardware issue. It's a software issue" Which I really don't believe. He told me to go home, update my software to 10.3 which I just did and still have this issue. Also said reset network settings which doesn't help either.

Apr 3, 2017 8:46 AM in response to maschein

I've had issues with my home wifi since I bought the iPhone 7. Took me months to figure out that every time I connect my iPhone to my home wifi, my entire home loses internet connection... wired and wireless... that is until I disconnect my iPhone from my wifi! My router and modem both show that everything is working properly when this occurs. I've taken down other wifi connections at my parent's home and a few friends as well. After years of owning Android devices and being fairly happy, I caved in to my friends' iPhone peer pressure. Looks like this guy might be going back to the Android dark side (If dark side means pretty awesome and doesn't crash your home network).

How about someone from Apple come up with an answer other than resetting your network settings on your phone or doing a factory reset! I've done both. Resetting network settings on my phone only worked for a few hours. Next step is lighting this POS on fire and getting a better phone.

Apr 4, 2017 12:43 AM in response to granthar

Same issue here with my iPhone 7 and iOS10.3.

Data transfer is being interrupted every now and then.

The iPhone seems to still have wifi connected (wifi symbol shows up in status bar at least), but no Internet! This happens frequently every 20 minutes or so, I didn't measure the time.

This is absolutely annoying! Come on Apple, this is not acceptable!

Apr 12, 2017 10:24 AM in response to granthar

I have the same issue.

It only affects my new iphone 7+ and my fairly new iPad Pro.

The problem is on a home wifi network (dLan) which uses the power network for network distribution from our router. All other Apple devices, of which we have at least 8, all are fine on this setup but not the two recent additions.

We generally get 15-20mb on any device (we have fibre into the house) but the iPhone 7+ and iPad Pro manage more like 0.5mb and generally less.

I am pretty sure this must be related to the wireless setup within these more recent devices.

Help - the iPad Pro problem was bad enough, but to have it on the new iPhone 7+ as well is just ridiculous.

Apr 23, 2017 1:28 PM in response to maschein

I've been having the same problem since I upgraded from iPhone 6 to iPhone 7 a few days ago. I'm continually dropping wifi, sometimes after just seconds or minutes. Sometimes I can be on a couple of hours before it drops. Then when reconnecting it tells my wifi password is incorrect. I've tried all the possible solutions everyone else here has listed as well. Nothing has had any effect and I'm using up all my data plan. This needs to be figured out.

Jun 18, 2017 4:04 PM in response to eddieb1

I took my 7 plus to Apple today. They didn't find any issues but didn't want to send me home with no solution so the replaced the phone. Got home with my brand new 7 plus and I'm having the exact same issue, but mind you I am currently replying to this using my Wifi Only iPad...and no other devices in my home have this issue.

iPhone 7 Plus Wifi problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.