Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Display problems with Macbook Pro Retina 13 (early 2015)

Hi all,

for a few weeks I have weird problems with my display after waking up my macbook.

There are strange display problems, as you can see on the screenshot. After ca. 5 seconds, everything is normal again.

Anybody here with same problems? Or anybody with any tips?

Many thanks!

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), macOS Sierra (10.12)

Posted on Oct 24, 2016 4:59 AM

16 replies

Oct 24, 2016 5:27 AM in response to scatter.

Hi,

To me it seems like your graphic card is having a problem. Does this problem only happen when you wake up your MacBook?
In the worst case you will have to replace your graphic card, but because it seems to happen only when you wake up your machine there is maybe another solution.
Did you already try to reset your NVRAM?

Nevertheless I would also advice you ta make an appointment with your local Apple Store / Genius Bar.

Oct 25, 2016 2:49 AM in response to Dmitriy D

Yesterday I've called the apple phone support and they have not heard about these problems yet.

They think it is a problem with the graphic card - it does not wake up fast enough which leads to those display errors.

I have to make an appointment at a genius bar to let my macbook repair - hope it will go fast.

Nobody else here with same problem who has another solution? I am not sure if this is a hardware neither a software problem..

Nov 1, 2016 2:26 PM in response to scatter.

I have not seen a bug for a week, but I'm in no hurry to rejoice, I will watch further. What was I doing at the moment, 2 or 3 times dropped NVRAM and SMC, although I do not think that's what helped. Upgrade the operating system, I think that helped just that, as I am inclined to think that the problem is in the software, not hardware. Sorry for my English =( I'm using google translate.

Display problems with Macbook Pro Retina 13 (early 2015)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.