Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New My Support Profile section

The new "redesigned" My Support Profile section stinks. I can only see my Macs. No iPhones, no Airport base stations, no iPods, etc. Anybody know how to access all of your registered devices in the "new and improved" disaster of a section?

Sorry for posting here, but here is no section to do this and no feedback category for this either.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3

Posted on Oct 25, 2016 4:53 AM

25 replies

Oct 25, 2016 5:53 AM in response to FelipeV

Nope... nobody does

This appears to be "The Law of Unintended Consequences"

There are echoes of your opinions "upstairs" (nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more)

The system also seems to be failing on occasion

An INvalid case number works as expected

User uploaded file

A VALID - ACTIVE case number does (did) not work as expected

User uploaded file

Everyone there has sent their thoughts via:

Feedback - Apple Support

https://www.apple.com/support/feedback/

I suppose that almost any "menu" choice for Topic Area will do.

Oct 26, 2016 8:38 AM in response to turingtest2

That allows me to list my old devices as "Trusted", but doesn't tell me anything about them. And, there still is nowhere for my entire "portfolio" to be listed. In the Support Profile, all of my Apple equipment was listed with Serial Number, Support Coverage info, and Cases.

It was a simple, easy place to go to get that info quickly and easily without having to dig out the item and find the serial number in order to access that information. I could access it using my Apple ID and password. Now, the only way I can still see that info on my Apple stuff, is to find the serial number and type it in in order to see the info. And have you ever tried to read the serial number on bottom of an Airport Time Capsule? OMG!!!!

Sometimes it seems like Apple is losing its ability to grasp and implement the most elegant solutions anymore....

GB

Oct 26, 2016 8:44 AM in response to turingtest2

I know that, but it wasn't what I was referring to. Those numbers and devices have to do with 2 factor authentication.

I was referring to the phone numbers that you could designate trusted so when you called Apple these numbers were pre cleared and Apple had an easy way of verifying your identity.

I still think the new site needlessly complicates matter.

Oct 26, 2016 8:49 AM in response to FelipeV

Apple had an easy way of verifying your identity.

Well, I've never had a problem after giving them the serial number. They've never had either of my phone numbers because I won't allow my non-published number be in any database (which can be hacked). My entry in that field: 123-4567.

But, I still want all the info back that used to be available.

New My Support Profile section

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.