Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Support Profile

What happened to the complete list of owned Apple devices that used to appear on My Support Profile? The new Apple ID Device list shows only signed in devices and there is no useful information other than the S/N.

iMac, OS X 10.11.6

Posted on Oct 25, 2016 10:48 AM

6 replies

Nov 6, 2016 11:56 AM in response to morgana412

the new site is garbage.

This new support profile site is not good.

I doesn't have all the products that were listed on it before. It only lists devices and doesn't list routers or other devices.

It lists items that shouldn't be in my profile, like my parent's Macs that I happen to have an account on.

It doesn't list the dates of when the support coverage expires or did expire. It doesn't let you add new devices, it doesn't let you change devices.

It lists devices as having an invalid serial number.

When you click on a product to view full coverage information, you are redirected to another site where you have to enter a captcha code and then the information provided is basically no more useful.

When you want to view your cases and repairs, it doesn't list any of yours, you have to remember and put in the case number, if you still have it. What's the point of that? If you do put one in, all historical repairs seem to be gone.

It doesn't allow you to change the phone numbers you might call on for express access.

Basically this new profile page is useless and not helpful or informative.

It's junk.

Nov 6, 2016 12:10 PM in response to ChitlinsCC

This is a copy of what I did send.

Hopefully others can echo similar things.

The My Support Profile was always a hard thing to find. I had to do a web search to even find it.

Now it's finally gone as I feared.

Sigh.

It is a common trend with Apple and I. I have been less wowed by any new features that come out. The MBP touch bar?? Whatever… but with un-upgradeable RAM and dongle madness, forget it. What I am getting is more annoyed with great features that are removed because "most" users don't use… yes I'm not most users, I'm actually what they used to know as a Pro user. I don't think that is in their vocabulary anymore.

I'm just hoping that the stock finally goes back up so that I can sell them off.

My Support Profile

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.