Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shut down problem on IMAC

Hi~ every body

I would like to ask the question for encounter problem on IMAC 5K 27-inch Late2015 SSD ver.

When shut down MAC,the general process is 2-3sec to loading then the mac will turn off;

But my problem was when i shut down my MAC, same to 1-2sec loading,

then had a lines on my screen around 2-3sec, after that the mac was shut down.

(This problem is not on every time when shut down MAC and since updated to macos sierra)

Firstly, I call APPLE hotline, they said this maybe a software problem,

so i re-install the OS X (not use time machine), but encounter same problem.

Next,on the last weekend to replace a motherboard and display card for the IMAC; but encounter the same problem too.

Anybody has this problem too? Or what can I do now?

THANKS ~!!!!!

(Photo for lines screen like with this but screen was difference line and color)

User uploaded file

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015), macOS Sierra (10.12.1), Imac shut down problem

Posted on Oct 30, 2016 11:35 PM

5 replies

Jan 21, 2017 3:36 AM in response to CanadaHerb

I also have the same problem and I think that I will return the iMac.

Atually I am using the second iMac because they changed me the computer for a new one and it had the same problem.

I think it is a problem with the Sierra OS, because the iMacs that use OS The Captain don't have this problem.

I explained my case in Spanish here: https://communities.apple.com/es/thread/18285?answerId=43028422#43028422&ac_cid=tw123456

And I shared some videos from me and from others with the same problem.

Shut down problem on IMAC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.