Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 10.1.1. problems

anyone else having problems with the new update? My phone randomly reboots (literally, rebooting is pretty much the only thing it does). tried backup, default settings, downgrade to iOS 10.1. But constant reboots makes everything impossible.

iPhone SE, iOS 10.1.1, reboot problem

Posted on Nov 1, 2016 12:47 AM

77 replies

Sep 19, 2018 1:12 PM in response to BarbinDallas

Exactly the same issue than you.

I updated my iPhone 5 16GB yesterday from iOS 9.3.5 to IOS 10.2 and now I have a lot of random reboots. The most of them comes when the battery is 50% or less, and even more if I use the 3G network and not the WiFi, but with WiFi it also happen.

I have read dozens of messages about this. Why Apple is not fixing this problem?

Regards

Sep 19, 2018 1:12 PM in response to Andreeastsac

Doing this is an almost sure reset for me:

- Battery around 50% or less

- Disable WiFi and enable 3G

- Start browsing internet with Safari

After a few minutes the phone is reseted...

With WiFi it also happens but a lot less. If I use the 3G some times even with a 90% battery load it go for a reset.

Regards

Sep 19, 2018 1:12 PM in response to Andreeastsac

I agree 100% with you. I'm really impressed that after dozens of topics with this problem since the launch of iOS 10 in late september the problem is still there, without solution.

It's really frustating that my iPhone worked really good with iOS 9.3.5 and now I have to be in alert mode each time my battery is low or when I'm out of home and I ahve to use 3G network...

I thought that Apple support was a lot more efficient than this...

Sep 19, 2018 1:12 PM in response to deggie

If you read my previous posts you will see that just before the update, my iPhone was working very well and without resets under iOS 9.3.5

All has started since I installed iOS 10, so it's not a hardware problem. And the incredible amount of people having the same problem with resets even with new and just bought iPhones it's not a coincidence...

Sep 19, 2018 1:12 PM in response to deggie

Hello again

Today I changed the battery for a new one and seems like no more random resets, but I have to spend more time monitoring the phone and doing tests. But for now, seems like you were right.

The old battery was swelled!

Thanks a lot

Nov 1, 2016 6:22 AM in response to Ady7565

i just had a chat with a nice lady from the german apple support who was able to save my day. Reseting the iPhone via iTunes and turned OFF(!!) firewall did the trick. its working as before. make sure to set it up as a new iPhone and not restore a back up. seems like the update file was corrupt because of my MacBooks firewall. It runs fine with the newest update. Downside is you have to install all your apps again, but i'm just glad its working again.

Hope this helps you too.

English is not my first language, sorry for any mistakes. Just tell me if anything is unclear (:

Nov 2, 2016 2:20 PM in response to SlyBoyMilan

Hej!

I don't remember ever having a feedback app. Sorry I can't help you with that.

But to give you an update on my phone. It restarted 3 times since i installed the update with the firewall off. It didn't crash (no flickering, weird lines or blue screen etc) simply restarted and went back to normal. I guess it had to do with the amount of apps open. Since I close every app immediately after using it, i had no restarts. So there is still an issue but it is nowhere near as bad as when i wrote the original post.

Did one of you try reseting the phone while the firewall is turned off? Did that change anything for you?

Nov 2, 2016 2:33 PM in response to siivekaesrotta

I have done this with previous iphone 7 before it has been replaced by apple.

In the last 7 days I have had to reset ans restore the phone some 5 times, honstely i'm tired of doing this, also because everytime i do it i have to pay the sms for face time activation!!! I has a 6s and have never had such problems, I didn't even use to close the apps, hence i had them all apon on background and the phone had never crashed or rebooted...

Just for your information, here a pix of the feedback app, it can be useful to send suggestions or report problem to apple directly... when you have it...

User uploaded file

Nov 2, 2016 2:42 PM in response to SlyBoyMilan

hej!

i never saw this app, but i always delete anything i don't need so i probably didn't pay that much attention to it ^^

After I reseted my phone i started from scratch and didn't install any backups, just to make sure that i dont reinstall any corrupt data that might be in the backup. I synced all my pictures before the first reset.

Maybe try reseting without restoring? It did take some time to reinstall all the apps. But it was also a great opportunity to reconsider which apps I really need.

***** you have to pay for the activation each time :/

Nov 2, 2016 2:55 PM in response to siivekaesrotta

Yes, paying every time!!

I do not consider the possibility of corrupet bakup as on iphone 6s i had no problem at all...

Tht's just unacceptable!! took a look around and found out any sort of problem with iphone 7 and ios 10.1 and 10.1.1 they just apple has to move.... if you mean by reset without restoring to set it as new phone, it will take me time to resync all my stuff "manually" 😕

Nov 2, 2016 3:09 PM in response to SlyBoyMilan

Hej!

I don't know if my back up files were corrupted but I didn't want to take the chance either (after I already spent half the day dealing with reboots).

Resync my music and pictures went really fast using my macbook. Maybe you should give it a try. If it works you will at least only have to pay one more time.

And, as I mentioned before, its also a great opportunity to only sync and reinstall what you really need and declutter your phone data.

I have no experience with the iPhone 6 or 7, so i have no idea if the phone model has anything to do with the issue (especially since both models are relatively new) I use the SE.

Nov 2, 2016 3:09 PM in response to C0ffeebean

Hej.

It is still possible to downgrade to iOS 10.1. because apple didn't stop the support for this version yet (i don't really now how to explain in english)

There are websites where you can see which iOS versions are still supported, download the version of your choice, and select it in iTunes when reseting the phone (press alt on mac/shift on windows while clicking on Restore to get to finder/explorer and select the downloaded iOS)

Downgrading didn't solve the problem anyway, maybe it would have worked with turned off firewall like it did with 10.1.1. But I don't really feel like trying it out 😉

ios 10.1.1. problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.