Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPHONE 7 PLUS BENT ! VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER

Hi....was wondering if anyone else is having this issue. We have been long time Apple fans and supporters and he had several phones, including a 6 Plus when it came out. He never had any issues with bending, but now he saves his money since Apple wants a premium for the shiny black color and it only lasts a few days till it bends? There are other phones out there that seem to be just as thin and even their larger Note models don't bend!!

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I sent my son to the Apple store to see if they could help him, as it took months for him to save up the "premium price" and he never had this issue with his 6s. He waits a week for an appointment and then no one wants to help him, a college student, who has years of purchasing ahead of him? The workers at the Apple store said that they were instructed not to help anyone with this issue. Is Apple hiding something again and they know that there is a problem? The glass did not break and there was no case on the phone......

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.1.1, Shiny Black * Paid the premium !

Posted on Nov 22, 2016 2:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2017 8:47 AM

If you put the phone in your pocket then sit and bend it, then you caused the damage.

Either use pants with cargo pockets or keep the phone in your bag.

If you bend your car by driving it into the wall, when you park, would you go to the car's dealership and blame them for the bent car? And demand a new one? NO!

Keep your iPhone in cargo pockets!

User uploaded file

46 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2017 8:47 AM in response to ButlerJennifet

If you put the phone in your pocket then sit and bend it, then you caused the damage.

Either use pants with cargo pockets or keep the phone in your bag.

If you bend your car by driving it into the wall, when you park, would you go to the car's dealership and blame them for the bent car? And demand a new one? NO!

Keep your iPhone in cargo pockets!

User uploaded file

Mar 28, 2017 11:59 PM in response to khom936702

Yes, I have the same problem and I received very rude customer service and I was out raged when they said they couldn't replace my phone due to it being bent.. I never bent the iPhone 6 but the 7 bent in a case... I have 5 iPhones on my family plan... looks like we all going to Samsung 8 next upgrade.... they wanted me to pay $400 to get the same phone I haven't even had for a year.... they were quick not to honor the bent phone issue... these phones still been easier than any Samsung.

Apr 3, 2017 6:32 AM in response to khom936702

We're now experiencing the same issue. Our teeenage son purchased the iphone 7 in November and had in a case since day 1 and put it in his front pocket while at school. Operating system fails to restart after less than 6 months and factory restore not possible. We took it to our local Apple store and they say it's damaged due to a bend in the phone and they can't do anything about it. Seemed like a very standard response. Apple online support tells me to just go claim it on my insurance as they can not help. Not sure about everyone else - but most teenagers I know put their phones in their front or back pocket.

Never had an issue before so I am sure this new slimmer model isn't as sturdy as Apple claims it is. Extremely frustrated and angered by the lack of quality and the lack of support for this purchase.

Apr 18, 2017 8:54 AM in response to khom936702

The same thing happened to me! I didn't do anything to it. It was in my pocket and it bent even though it was in a case. No one will help me. For this kind of money Apple should help! And it is terrible that they are saying the issue was fixed even though it is clear that it was not fixed. I have the black carbon version so maybe they fixed it for other models but not this one. And it happened only 4 months after I bought the phone. I am sick of inferior products from Apple. I also can't put a screen protector on because it peels away on the bent part.

Apr 18, 2017 9:10 AM in response to Devindylan44

My solution was resolved with apple customer support and speak to someone in corporate.. I showed them how loyal of a customer I was. I owned every iPhone since the first one and they have seen all my registered phones. They were willing to make an exception. I spoke to a gentleman by the name of lernard McCoy... he was amazing and still this day I thank him for his diligence in helping me. I hope this helps you guys.

Apr 22, 2017 11:20 PM in response to Danilonog

May i ask how the phone exactly did bent? Do you put the phone in tight jeans pockets? Do you maybe sit on it from time to time without even realizing? I mean the new iphones are made of 7000 Aluminum and are quite strong. But off course nothing is indestructible. With enough weight and force you can bent anything. But im sure if you talk with the apple support in person not over phone or mail you can explain them your issue. In my opinion if there are no other signs of wear you have a chance to claim your warranty. I hope you are able to resolve your issue mate.

May 3, 2017 8:49 AM in response to khom936702

This is so outrageous! We spend a fortune on these phones and they are definitely covering up that the problem has not been fixed. They just think we will give up. The iPhone 7 is the second iPhone that has bent on me by just being in my pocket. I am not even sure how it happens and they do not give us guidelines about how to avoid this. Mine was in a protective case and it still bent and now I can't even use a screen protector because it peels off on the bent part.

Jun 6, 2017 9:46 AM in response to khom936702

Bought my first ever iPhone 2 months ago (7 plus) and had it in my back pocket and sat down, stood back up took it out and it was noticeably bent. I'm always careful with my phones so I never get warranties but the people at apple told me phones arnt supposed to bend so keep it out of my pocket? I'm paying $750 for this phone, I'd expect it to do everything but bend.

Jul 10, 2017 7:09 PM in response to Saifan Pilot

why should we have to, I kept my phone in my front pocket with an otter box on it now its bent, Phones go in pockets!!!! and not everyone can where cargo pants at work and men dont have purses this is ridiculous ow are you going to sell a cell phone but tell customers they cant put it in there pocket is ridiculous they have a manufacturing error that they are trying to make customers pay for

IPHONE 7 PLUS BENT ! VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.