Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad Pro 9.7 battery drain

I bought a new iPad Pro 9.7 inch wifi and cellular 15 days ago after trading in my existing iPad Air, for the past couple of days the battery has drained right down whilst I've not used it, on Monday evening I left it on about 60% and when I woke yesterday it was completely dead, I charged it to 91% and used it for a short time and it was left on around 70%, then when I came to use it last night it was completely dead again! Data roaming is off, background app refresh is off and the iPad screen was off. On looking over the usage for the past 24 hours, the battery was showing at 83% on home and lock screen.

Posted on Nov 23, 2016 1:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2017 11:47 PM

I have the same issue using a iPad Pro 9.7 Celluar

I have identified the Microsoft OneNote App has a major impact on battery life.

I can see the battery draining when the OneNote App is active, but also when in background especially overnight.

Do you use OneNote on your iPad as well?

4 replies

Nov 23, 2016 12:36 PM in response to Diana.McCall

Hi Diana, many thanks for your reply! I do sleep the IPad when not in use, and I don't have any apps running in the background, also don't have the motion on the home screens, and not many photos on the iPad, they are on my iPhone. Today it seems to be behaving itself, I've not used it at all and battery is holding charge. I couldn't understand why it was draining so fast when I only used it for about 30 minutes yesterday as I was out most of the day. Will keep an eye on it over the next few days and if it plays up will book a Genius Bar appointment at my nearest Apple Store.

IPad Pro 9.7 battery drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.