Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internet Explorer under MacOS SIERRA

Unfortunatelly, the Information System of Greek ministry for Development is running only under Internet Explorer

How can i download Internet explorer 11 to my MacBook Pro? (OS is Sierra)

Posted on Nov 23, 2016 3:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2016 3:51 AM

Sorry, there is no version of Explorer available for Sierra.

25 replies

Nov 23, 2016 4:33 AM in response to stedman1

Of course i have tried Firefox and Chrome and Safari. (i dont use Opera). Unfortunatelly, some actions are not responting using those browsers.

That's why i asked about it to the related department of Greek Ministry.

The answer is: "for this kind of application (is about a business plan for an new investment) you have to use only Internet Explorer. We recoment you to use I.E. 11)

Nov 23, 2016 6:29 AM in response to konspapa

You can try to fool the server into thinking you're using Explorer:

- In Safari > Preferences > Advanced, check "Show Develop menu in menu bar"

- Then choose Develop > User Agent > Explorer

(Firefox and Chrome have similar options, if you prefer those browsers)

This will eliminate the warnings and is useful if the web developer arbitrarily placed a restriction on which browsers can access the site. However, if the site really requires functionality only available in Explorer, it will not work.

I never had any luck using Crossover to run Explorer in the past. Maybe that changed. So your best luck is to use a virtual machine. You can download virtual machines for free from MicroSoft, but you'll need to purchase VMWare or Parallels to run them.

Nov 23, 2016 5:47 AM in response to konspapa

konspapa wrote:

is for people who want to work on Windows. I need only the Internet Explorer.

No, it is precisely for people who need to use one app like Internet Explorer because they have to deal with some government organization which is still stuck on that browser. But I have not tried it recently myself.

Internet Explorer for Mac disappeared 10 years ago.

Another idea

http://osxdaily.com/2015/10/19/use-internet-explorer-11-mac-os-x-easy/

Nov 23, 2016 7:14 AM in response to konspapa

konspapa wrote:

Thank you Tom. I have tried this before, but when i go to Remote IE on Developer Microsoft.com , Microsoft anounce that "they are working on a new solution to allow me to stream and test Microsoft Edge"

Thanks for that info! If you do run into any problems when using the User Agent method, iI think the Virtual Machines EricDu mentioned are now the best way to deal with the issue.

Internet Explorer under MacOS SIERRA

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.