Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I block spam calendar invitation emails?

I started receiving notifications with a sound @ 3.30 am inside CAL app to my apple id email address from 1069020164188210228759375@8****56.tk asking me if I want to buy counterfeit Rayban sunglasses for $19.99! Clearly this is spam and it rings my Mac, phone & ipad how can Apple allow this through? If I click on it there is not block selection just an opportunity to add this low life scum to my contacts, share my location with them or message them. As if I would want to do that! This is outrageous.

I see that someone previously asked a similar question and the posted answer that was incorrectly marked "solved" was as below:

These emails are not from Apple. Use Identifying fraudulent "phishing" email - Apple Support to help you identify and report phishing.

If your ISP offers blacklisting you can blacklist that address. You can also use the Junk mail feature of Mail to reduce those emails from showing up in your inbox.

Please do not answer such rubbish the CAL app needs to give us a junk or block selection on these things it's not up to us to identify where it's coming from and also it's NOT in the mail app it's in the CAL app!

I am running OS X 10.12.2 and iOS 10.0.2

<Links Edited by Host>

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular (MM), iOS 10.1.1

Posted on Nov 25, 2016 9:24 AM

25 replies

Nov 25, 2016 9:44 AM in response to Garratt

Nobody has "gotten into your computer." They are sending you invitations to your calendar account. This is no different than email spam, it's just to your calendar via the standard calendaring protocol instead of to your mail client via the standard email protocol. If you follow my instructions above you can make this problem go away.

Apple also needs to start spam blocking calendar invites, apparently 😟

Nov 25, 2016 10:18 AM in response to Stephanovski

Just found this in my calendar ... clearly someone has snuck in and I would like to (a) remove this invite without notifying the sender (because that would confirm to the sender that he has been successful in impregnating my calendar), and (b) block such things in the future.

'

When I try to delete this calendar entry, this is what pops up ... NO, I don't want to Decline this and I don't want confirmation going to the scumbag spammer.

User uploaded file

Is there another way to get this crap off my calendar?

macOS Sierra 10.12.1.

<Image Edited by Host to Remove Personal Information>

Nov 25, 2016 11:21 AM in response to David King1

Hi, I'm not to sure what I did...because I sifuhgpiursfy 🙂

I did create a SPAM folder, I then dragged the spam to the SPAM folder, I then hit delete from Edit.

At this time it has worked, it has gone, I restarted my computer after doing this, and nothing has come back so far.

We'll see????

Thanks for the idea of the SPAM folder where it started from.

Nov 25, 2016 11:47 AM in response to William Lloyd

"standard calendaring protocol"

If there is std protocol, then Apple knew full well that people's calendars would be spammed and obviously, Apple didn't care to preempt it.

Calendars are almost always far more private than email, with invites limited only to people you know. There is nothing within Apples "standard calendaring protocol" that appears to support a REAL calendar, such as, by default, the only invitations that are allowed are those in your contacts. Or in the case of a business, a business-wide contact list. The fact that a stranger can hit my calendar with an invitation shows that Apple apps are not serious tools.

How do I block spam calendar invitation emails?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.