Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Constantly getting logged out of apps on iOS 10.1.1

I'm on an iphone 7 plus on iOS 10.1.1 and recently I've experienced being constantly logged out of apps, such as facebook, slack, npr one, instagram, facebook, etc. There doesn't seem to be any particular thing that makes the apps log me out. I can switch between apps ok for a while then I'll switch back to an app and I'll be logged out again. Any ideas?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.1.1

Posted on Nov 29, 2016 2:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2017 10:26 AM

Having the same problem here. I was beginning to think I was hacked or something even though I thought that was rare for iPhones. This is pretty annoying. Just started happening in the last couple of week and out of nowhere. I haven't updated iOS or anything that I think would cause this. But yes, almost every app I have, I'm having to log back in as if it's the first time. I wanted to follow this thread in case someone has any better ideas.

Thanks!

22 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2017 10:26 AM in response to cued

Having the same problem here. I was beginning to think I was hacked or something even though I thought that was rare for iPhones. This is pretty annoying. Just started happening in the last couple of week and out of nowhere. I haven't updated iOS or anything that I think would cause this. But yes, almost every app I have, I'm having to log back in as if it's the first time. I wanted to follow this thread in case someone has any better ideas.

Thanks!

Mar 30, 2017 6:00 PM in response to cued

User uploaded fileIt does to me several times, keeps prompting me to use apps (like wallet) on the phone. I can't access one of my emails or Facebook from it because it's causing me to be logged out and will not allow me to rest my passwords. Froze apps after data transfer completed from iPhone 6 to the 7 yesterday.

I am very dissatisfied with this phone and the iOS update. Total nightmare.

May 8, 2017 1:17 AM in response to cued

I too have seen this issue with a few apps on an iPhone 7 plus running the latest iOS after restoring a backup from my iPhone 6S.

Already tried the following without success:

- Soft reset (hold down vol down and sleep/wake for 10 secs until apple logo appears)

- Force closed the app (swipe up from task manager)

- Reinstalled the app involved

- Checked the app is not in the "Background App Refresh" list (found in another thread the suggestion to remove it from this setting)

- Checked in Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management to ensure no profiles are installed that could be causing issues here (that option wasn't there, meaning no profiles installed). Mentioned here: Constantly getting logged out of apps

I really don't want to have to do an iOS re-install from scratch, but that is looking like the next suggestion....

May 28, 2017 8:34 PM in response to cued

I have an IPhone 6 Plus, And it logged me out of EVERY app that I was logged into (about 25 of them or more) and won't stay logged in to my Apple ID either and is constantly making me log into my Apple ID and iCloud (which I have iCloud disabled so I don't get that). I can't get my phone to stay logged in to anything. And I can't back up my phone to save pictures of my kids and some other important files, and I did ONLY begin having this particular issue with the last update (the one right before 10.3.2) and my phone won't even install the new update (10.3.2) since downloading it, and it freezes indefinitely on the 'verfifying update' screen....never had any issues with my phone and it suddenly is acting worse that the android I had ditched for it.

Anyways. What can I do ?

Dec 6, 2016 5:08 AM in response to cued

FYI I am on iOS 10.0.2, iPhone 6, upgraded several months ago from iOS 9. It's happened again since I restarted my phone (so the restart clearly didn't help). I haven't tried a reset yet, not have I tried deleting and reinstalling the offending apps. I think that's the next step for me. I'm also going to upgrade to 10.1.1 but it doesn't sound like that will fix the problem from reading the original post. Affected apps so far include Slack, Telegram, WhatsApp and Pocket. The bug fix list from 10.1.1 doesn't mention anything like this problem.

Dec 19, 2016 1:41 PM in response to Dafydd James

Hi Dafydd,

That's because the Notification system which Apple provides to developers to use works outside the app, so to speak. Kind of handy too otherwise your phone would become amazingly unresponsive having to deal with all kinds of notifications coming in from different sources. Still, this issue is exceedingly annoying! Hope they fix it soon.

Constantly getting logged out of apps on iOS 10.1.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.