Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to remotely control an iPhone?

Hey,

So I bought my grandma an iPhone 5, and she is struggling with it, so I often try to guide her via phone call but is hard, does anyone know an app than allows me to remotely control her iPhone from my iPhone?

iPhone 6s, iOS 10.2

Posted on Dec 17, 2016 12:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2018 8:26 AM

Projeffa wrote:

Post useless posts, get level 9 ASAP. This aint usefull.

You don't get to level 9 with "useless posts." The number of posts doesn't matter; the ONLY way to get points (other than the 4 you have for just joining) is to make posts that the original poster in a thread reported as being Helpful (5 points) or that solved the problem (10 points). So FoxFifth's 59,000 points means that somewhere between 5,900 and 11,800 visitors to the forum found his responses Helpful or that they solved the posted problem, AND they took the time to click a "Solved" or "Helpful" button. As only about 25% of posters bother to click a button it's more likely that Foxfifth has helped closer to 25,000 or more users.

If you want to earn points perhaps you should consider helping people.

24 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2018 8:26 AM in response to Projeffa

Projeffa wrote:

Post useless posts, get level 9 ASAP. This aint usefull.

You don't get to level 9 with "useless posts." The number of posts doesn't matter; the ONLY way to get points (other than the 4 you have for just joining) is to make posts that the original poster in a thread reported as being Helpful (5 points) or that solved the problem (10 points). So FoxFifth's 59,000 points means that somewhere between 5,900 and 11,800 visitors to the forum found his responses Helpful or that they solved the posted problem, AND they took the time to click a "Solved" or "Helpful" button. As only about 25% of posters bother to click a button it's more likely that Foxfifth has helped closer to 25,000 or more users.

If you want to earn points perhaps you should consider helping people.

Dec 19, 2016 10:47 AM in response to chenush88

I've used TeamViewer (free version) between Mac and Windows and it worked well but as I noted in my post above I've never used it on an iPhone. I just checked their website (briefly) and saw one statement that said mobile to mobile remote connections require "Premium and above." There may be more information at their website: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/latest-version/ and hopefully someone else here will respond with another solution.

Dec 21, 2016 3:48 PM in response to chenush88

There is no attach.

The iOS device downloads and runs the iOS teamviewer app.

You run the Teamviewer app on a Mac or PC. The iOS device holder sends you you the 9 digit ID. You enter that in your PC/Mac app and click on CONNECT TO PARTNER. Your partner on the iOS device clicks on ALLOW

You'll see this from the PC/Mac. There is NO iOS to iOS control.

User uploaded file

Dec 21, 2016 4:30 PM in response to FoxFifth

FYI... the free version allows screenshots. As many as you wish, plus chat, you can send wifi settings (?) and set up an email account... all remotely. But no control.

I've used it with a family member and it's not horrible. Not great, but better than phone charades.

My take on the paid version is still no control over an iOS device, or at least a very limited/different level of control. The client has to have Teamviewer's SDK installed.

From the video...

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Connect to and remotely control are not the same thing.

Oh, and it's $1600 CAD.

how to remotely control an iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.