Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with Wacom driver after Sierra update

After i had update my Mac to Mac OS Sierra to 10.12.2 i'm having a problem with Wacom Cintiq13HD. Some my express keys setting are correct but not working. So i press express key for hand tool and i see notification on screen, but hand tool not appear. That's happen exactly after last update 10.12.2. New W

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), null

Posted on Dec 17, 2016 12:36 PM

33 replies

Jan 6, 2017 6:32 AM in response to Littlelorna

After Sierra 10.12.2 my wacom gear has become unusable.

• Intuos 3.
    This one stopped working with Sierra. Fair enough it`s an old Wacom board, so I dont mind that.
  • Intuos Pro Medium
    I`ve had a bunch of stuff with this one. After upgrading to Sierra:
    • The Pen is way to sensitive when it comes to clicking/doubleclicking.
    • The Pen randomly selects everything, to use the pen I have to keep pressing cmd+D do deselect.
    • Clicking drops in and out. Clicking items/buttons etc keeps dropping out. I can however move the cursor with the pen, but I cannot click anything. I will have to use the mouse to click or close a window etc, before it works for a short while...
  • Cintiq 24HD
    • All the same issues as with the Intuos Pro Medium
    • The Pen is way to sensitive when it comes to clicking/doubleclicking.
    • The Pen randomly selects everything, to use the pen I have to keep pressing cmd+D do deselect.
    • Clicking drops in and out. Clicking items/buttons etc keeps dropping out. I can however move the cursor with the pen, but I cannot click anything. I will have to use the mouse to click or close a window etc, before it works for a short while...
  • What I HAVE tried
    • Uninstalling driver, reinstalling driver
    • Downgrading to older driver
    • Upgrading to newest driver (Driver 6.3.20-4)
    • Turning off Ink
    • Turning off Accessability
    • Cleaning system, removed every wacom related file prior to installing new and old
    • Upgrading to latest OS, I am now on OSX 10.12.3 beta (16D17a). I know it is stupid to go on the Beta, but I am desperate. This thing is messing up my work.

From Bad to worse

For me it got much worse after 10.12.2. Untill 10.12.2 it was mostly sensitivity and the random selection that bothered me. After 10.12.2 it is impossible to use my wacom gear. I even got so annoyed that I broke one of my pens...didn`t help though...

User uploaded file

Feb 1, 2017 12:45 AM in response to AlexNovo

After doing a clean install and running driver 6.3.20-4 everything is running quite smooth. The pen is still a bit to sensitive in some programs, but it is working ok. Updated to 6.3.20-8 yesterday and everything is still good.

I forgot to mention that while I was trying to fix this I eventually got in contact with Wacom Support. They only sort of help they could offer was useless. They recommended the following:

Thank you for contacting Wacom customer support.

Follow the steps attached and install the following driver:

http://cdn.wacom.com/u/productsupport/drivers/mac/professional/WacomTablet_6.3.1 5-3.dmg

* - The 6.3.15-3 driver may install on OS 10.12, but it is not supported under this Operating System. Customers may have issues with this combination that we may not be able to resolve!

which of course, I had already tried and did not work.

Anyway, while reinstalling software I suddenly got this message while installing a VPN:User uploaded file

It tells me I have to add the "Wacom Tablet Driver" to accessibility list in Security settings. Which to me seem kinda weird, why would a VPN trigger this with the Wacom driver? Also this also fits with the timeframe when my real trouble started happening. I installed the VPN last working day before Christmas and my trouble started first working day after Christmas. At the time I did not see that there could be a link between the VPN and the Wacom troubles. But now it seems more likely that there might be a connection.

Jan 1, 2017 10:21 AM in response to dominic23

Just tried deleting all of the drivers and updating again. It seemed as soon as I use one of the expresskeys on my cintiq 24HD the pen location stopped registering.

Very frustrating. I have work to do and thank goodness I have a windows computer I can go back to that never seems to let me down. Moving the 24HD is a HUGE chore and it looks like my days of using MacOS is slowly coming to a close as obviously this is not a reliable pro solution to people who's work time is important and lost work days is lost dollars. Thin, light and pretty? Pffft.

😟

Jan 1, 2017 10:38 AM in response to AlexNovo

I'm a little closer to figuring out where the bug exists. No solution yet.

It seems like when the expressKey is mapped with just a key (such as "e") it does not crash the tablet. When the key is mapped with any modifier (command+z or shift+.) it crashes. It may be the modifier keys or just when a sequence of more than one key is mapped to the expressKey.

Hopefully this helps the team to narrow down where the SierraOS flaw exists.

Jan 1, 2017 11:06 AM in response to AlexNovo

work around (its kind of a dumb solution)... remap the shortcut keys until Apple fixes it. I remapped everything that involves a modifier key to the function keys and then remapped the ExpressKeys to a function button.

I'm sure Apple and Clip Art Studio and Wacom will just blame each other as usual... I miss using Windows today...

Thank goodness I don't own a 2016 Macbook pro!

Jan 1, 2017 11:30 AM in response to Littlelorna

Yea, i know that problem in driver and apple update connection mistake. So when you start using Cintiq it works ok couple sec and then go with that kind of problem, like some key on keyboard are pressed and etc.

I have roll back to 6.3.15-3 and it works fine with both my tablets - Wacom Intuos 5 M touch and Wacom Cintiq 13HD now. But i also have seen that Wacom release new driver update 6.3.19-10, but i have decided to not update it since it could affect on my workflow. Does it not help?)

SO for now i'm using 6.3.15-3

Jan 8, 2017 11:33 AM in response to designkjell

So, as i see you have try last Wacom update and it still doesn't fix this issue? Too bad. I'm still on older version of driver with old Control panel of Wacom - 6.3.15-3. Right now its working great with my Intuos 5 M and Cintiq 13HD. I'm not going to update it yet, since as you understand it will delay our artist work and etc:) But thank you for you letting us know that 6.3.20-4 still not fix these problems. I'm on support team these days and communicating about this problem. They still suggest any magic tricks but they still not help and they also tell me to try 6.3.20-4) But as i see its still not working. One thing i found out, that they know about this problem, but can't solve it:) Thats strange since since it happen went a long time already:)

Hope we can solve it soon:)

Jan 10, 2017 8:57 AM in response to dominic23

Update to new driver -4 with little change.

Previously any modifier key (alt,opt,cmd,ctl) assigned into the express keys would crash Clip Studio Paint. Only the alt can be assigned and would temporarily work before crashing the software. The other modifier keys when assigned would crash the software immediately on use.

I had to reprogram Clip Studio paint's shortcuts to random function keys and then assign the express keys to those.

Jan 10, 2017 11:22 AM in response to designkjell

designkjell,

What happened when you updated to the third beta (10.12.3) after the clean install.
I'm experiencing the same problems on my 2016 MacBook Pro, and fortunately I have a backup computer which works.

Clean install of 10.12.1 with Wacom driver 6.3.19-10 worked on my 2015 MacBook Pro. No stylus problems. No key command issues. Back to normal completely.

Thank you!

Jan 10, 2017 12:27 PM in response to emerydesignonline

I havent done the clean install yet. The 10.12.2 3 Beta as regular update did no good. I've just tried reinstalling/downgrading to 10.12.2 but the problems are still there.

Making bootable disk now for clean install...

This reminds me why I switched from Windows to Mac back in 2006...maybe it's time to switch back...been unable to work for a week now, the sloppy work from both Apple and Wacom is expensive...

Jan 10, 2017 1:58 PM in response to designkjell

Ok. I found that whether reinstalling/downgrading the OS from Recovery mode (when you hold down Command + R and restart) or recovering from a Time Machine backup, the Wacom problems are preserved.

Doing a clean install is a pain, because you have to reinstall all your apps, and reload/recreate all your prefs for Mac and Applications. Then, you have to transfer all of your data back over to your hard drive manually (unless you work on an external drive). BUT it worked for me.

The Winning Combo:

Clean install OS X 10.12.1

Wacom driver 6.3.19-10

Photoshop CC 2017

MacBook Pro 2015

2.5Ghz Processor /16 g RAM

If anyone out there is bold enough to try Sierra 10.12.3 and driver 6.3.20-4 PLEASE share here. Thanks!

Problem with Wacom driver after Sierra update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.