Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 10 Install - Error: 0xc000000f

This is the same problem as mentioned in this topic Windows 10 Install - Error: 0xc000000f however the conversation didn't end up with a solution.

This is what I see when I try installing Windows 10 Enterprise using Bootcamp:

User uploaded file

More info:

1) This is using an ISO for Windows 10 Enterprise.

2) This happens after bootcamp has made the hard drive partition and I am taken to windows for the first time.

3) This doesn't happen when I use an ISO for the evaluation version of Windows 10 Enterprise. In this case windows installs successfully and works as it should.

4) I have tried this several times. Restored the hard drive to fully macos and started from scratch, still get the same problem.

5) I haven't tried pressing F8 because I don't know how to with the touch bar in this BSOD.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Paul

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS Sierra (10.12.2), MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2016)

Posted on Jan 4, 2017 4:59 AM

11 replies

Jan 7, 2017 5:27 PM in response to kulrufat

Disconnect all external storage and leave it disconnected till W10 is fully installed or you get an error.

Boot into Internet Recovery and start Utilities -> Terminal and run

diskutil repairDisk disk0

If you do not get any errors, reboot normally, run the following two procedures,

Reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

How to reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

and run BC Assistant and try to install W10. Please post a screen shot of any errors other than the winload.efi error during this process.

Apr 8, 2017 7:20 PM in response to dale_here

Win10_1607_English_x64.iso works, provided your download has a complete file. The only method is to verify the integrity of the using MD5sum or SHA1. See Re: Unable to install Windows as an example. The Technet/MSDN ISOs will not work properly.

Use https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/home and use a wired connection. Wireless downloads have a tendency to be corrupted. On a 2016 tbMBP, do you have an ethernet adapter for a wired connection?

Mar 27, 2017 12:00 PM in response to xp1988

I was getting the above error with every ISO I downloaded off of technet. What worked for me is downloading the ISO image from Microsoft directly. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO?tduid=(4a5f6dc4df 7242ef9e564703dc1468a7)(259740)(2542549)(UUwpUdUnU33232)()

I followed this guide and it worked just fine.

http://www.windowscentral.com/how-install-windows-10-macbook

Apr 8, 2017 7:03 PM in response to odyth

I did this today, as you specified, and it gave me the same error as the original post.

My theory is that the Windows.iso from Microsoft changed somehow in the past few months (or less). I installed Windows 10 on Boot Camp in February on the same model MacBook Pro (15" late 2016) and it worked fine back then. The original MacBook failed (faulty hardware) and the repaired MacBook came back wiped to factory disk.

I don't have the Windows ISO file I used months ago, so I downloaded the MediaCreationTool.exe again from Microsoft (the link you listed got me to the same place). I made a fresh Windows.iso and now I get the 0xc000000f error. I've tried 3 times. I copied the ISO file to the MacBook Desktop and removed the flash drive before running Boot Camp.

On one of the attempts, I was able to get the BOOTCAMP partition to boot with a Flash boot installer in the port and got it to finish the Windows 10 install, but then it would not recognize the Wi-Fi adapter and acted like the Apple Windows Support files were missing. Device Manager was a mess.

I think Boot Camp needs an update to deal with the latest Windows.iso that Microsoft has posted. It seems like the Windows startup files that Boot Camp is using from the ISO file from Microsoft have changed.

May 28, 2017 2:30 AM in response to xp1988

Me too! How Can i fix it? My Mac mini dosn't work.

First it has "recovery error code 0xc000000f and i press enter and it restarted and it come again.and if i press f8 and i choose Number 9 it also same happen.and i restart few Times,my Mac mini dosn't work (it has boot sound but the screen dosn't work)."sorry i'm from Indonesia and i'm not good for english"

Windows 10 Install - Error: 0xc000000f

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.