Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad pencil bluetooth connection doesn't work

When I bougth my Ipad with the pencil, it worked perfectly

I didn't use the pencil for 6 months and this week I tried to connect my pencil without success

Allways that I try, it ask me to pair the pen and after 3 seconds it suddenly disconnects

I have tried several thing that I read in forums like restart the Ipad, charge the pencil, unpair the pencil, change the tip.... and always the same result

I have an Ipad pro with IOS 10.2... any help it will be appreciated

iPad Pro, iOS 10.2, Apple pencil

Posted on Jan 7, 2017 6:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2017 6:44 PM

Hi A1-JCS!

I see that you're unable to pair your Apple Pencil with your iPad Pro, and I'm happy to help. Please follow these instructions:

If your Apple Pencil won't pair with your iPad Pro

1. Restart your iPad Pro, then try to pair again.
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and make sure Bluetooth is turned on.
  3. On the same screen, look under My Devices for your Apple Pencil. If you see it, tap User uploaded file. Then tap Forget this Device.
    User uploaded file
  4. Plug your Apple Pencil into your iPad Pro and tap the Pair button when it appears after a few seconds.
  5. If you don't see the Pair button, wait for one minute while your Apple Pencil charges. Then unplug your Apple Pencil, plug it back in, and wait until you see the Pair button.
  6. If you still don’t see the Pair button, contact Apple Support.
Use Apple Pencil with iPad Pro

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2017 6:44 PM in response to A1-JCS

Hi A1-JCS!

I see that you're unable to pair your Apple Pencil with your iPad Pro, and I'm happy to help. Please follow these instructions:

If your Apple Pencil won't pair with your iPad Pro

1. Restart your iPad Pro, then try to pair again.
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and make sure Bluetooth is turned on.
  3. On the same screen, look under My Devices for your Apple Pencil. If you see it, tap User uploaded file. Then tap Forget this Device.
    User uploaded file
  4. Plug your Apple Pencil into your iPad Pro and tap the Pair button when it appears after a few seconds.
  5. If you don't see the Pair button, wait for one minute while your Apple Pencil charges. Then unplug your Apple Pencil, plug it back in, and wait until you see the Pair button.
  6. If you still don’t see the Pair button, contact Apple Support.
Use Apple Pencil with iPad Pro

Cheers!

Jan 10, 2017 5:13 AM in response to A1-JCS

Hi A1-JCS!

It sounds like there could possibly be Bluetooth interference causing this issue. It may help isolate this further by attempting to use the iPad Pro and Apple Pencil in another location. Here is more information about Bluetooth interference:

Potential sources of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth interference

Cheers!

Ipad pencil bluetooth connection doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.