Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A bug in all versions of iOS 10 (video and audio playing)

Hi,

I was wondering if Apple or the community are aware of a problem with iOS 10 (all sub-versions so far)

The problem is that the iphone or ipad, randomly, stops playing videos or mp3 music. It doesn't play videos neither on third party apps (such as youtube) or in the photos native iOS app. It just doesn't respond to the play button. Additionally the phone stoprs responding to pings from iWatch with a sound and other problems related with sounds and video reproduction (Synchronized vibration, alarms, etc). The temporary cure for it is rebooting the phone. After that it works for a day or couple of days or so, but the problem always reappears. Doing a bit of research I found the problem is pretty common, and I decided to write this post to see if someone knows more. Do you know if Apple knows? there have been a couple of updates of iOS10 and the problem has not been solved.

Yes, I tried troubleshooting my two devices (iPad and iPhone) and I have gone through all the possible reset options. The problem remains. I have reported the bug using the apple reporting app, however as it is intermittent it is unlikely that they paid much attention to it. I have experienced it both in my iPhone and my iPad. It is really annoying and, honestly, very disappointing for the standards we usually expect from Apple.

Here's a small list of people reporting this problem on these forums. This is just a sample. There are more of these topics.

Anyone knows anything?

Thanks!

Since I updated to iOS 10, the sound goes out on my iPhone 6 without warning. I usually discover it when music won't pla…

Why won't videos play since iOS 10 update without rebooting device daily

iOS 10 video playback stops working until reboot

Video freeze on first frame

Music won't play after ios 10 upgrade

iOS 10 annoying bugs (iPhone 6)

Downloaded IOS 10 and no sound on applications

iOS crashes when i am open this video

iPhone 6 can't play video in ios 10

Posted on Jan 10, 2017 8:47 AM

9 replies

Jan 26, 2017 2:20 AM in response to Qubits

Hello Everyone, just thought of sharing something to see if it helps anyone else. I was playing around my ipad when i launched control center and pressed "youtube" (see image to understand better), it then took me to the youtube app and everything started working again.

note that my issue is very similar to the youtube video posted in this thread.

User uploaded file

Jan 10, 2017 10:44 AM in response to Qubits

Well, you have told Apple, so they must be aware. Telling other users in this user-to-user forum won't do anything to advance the issue. Except perhaps prompt other users who do not have the problem to say so, like me, on any of my 3 iOS devices. But in general, it's only people with a problem that post about it. So you get a very skewed idea of how common a problem is just by reading support forums. If this was a widespread problem the trade press would be all over it.

The best thing to do if you have an issue is to contact Apple's support team: https://getsupport.apple.com. They record and categorize all reported issues, and if it is a generic problem and not a problem specifically with some individual phones that will become apparent quickly.

A bug in all versions of iOS 10 (video and audio playing)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.