Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music library disappeared from iPhone but not on my iPad

My Apple Music library has disappeared from my iPhone (6s) but my entire Music library is still intact on my iPad (iPad Air 2). Both devices have been updated to the latest iOS software. I have always and still do have both devices synched together. However, my Music library will not restore back onto my iPhone. Any help on fixing this issue? I'm not sure if this is an Apple Music error, an IOS problem, or if there is something wrong with my actual iPhone itself.

iPhone 6s, iOS 10.0.2, Device #2: Apple iPad Air 2

Posted on Jan 15, 2017 10:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2017 12:49 PM

I was facing the same issue when I upgraded from iPhone 6 to iPhone 8 and I was able to resolve it by triggering a song addition and download to my library. I started with some steps which have been suggested in a few replies in this thread. I will mention all the steps that I took.

1. Ensure that ‘Show Apple Music’ and ‘iCloud Music Library’ options are on. I also toggled ‘Add Playlist Songs’ to on.

Settings>MusicUser uploaded file

2. Turn on Automatic Download for Music.

Settings>iTunes & App Store

User uploaded file

3. Open Apple Music and ‘Browse’ to any list or song.

User uploaded file

4. Add any song to your library and download it to your device.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

5. Now go to your Library and you should be able to see the playlists/songs appear (it might take a few seconds depending on your internet speed)

User uploaded file

So, triggering a song addition and download to the library helped my content to re-appear. Let me know if these steps helps fix your issue too.

Good luck!

-Gan

22 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2017 12:49 PM in response to LudovicaBenedetti

I was facing the same issue when I upgraded from iPhone 6 to iPhone 8 and I was able to resolve it by triggering a song addition and download to my library. I started with some steps which have been suggested in a few replies in this thread. I will mention all the steps that I took.

1. Ensure that ‘Show Apple Music’ and ‘iCloud Music Library’ options are on. I also toggled ‘Add Playlist Songs’ to on.

Settings>MusicUser uploaded file

2. Turn on Automatic Download for Music.

Settings>iTunes & App Store

User uploaded file

3. Open Apple Music and ‘Browse’ to any list or song.

User uploaded file

4. Add any song to your library and download it to your device.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

5. Now go to your Library and you should be able to see the playlists/songs appear (it might take a few seconds depending on your internet speed)

User uploaded file

So, triggering a song addition and download to the library helped my content to re-appear. Let me know if these steps helps fix your issue too.

Good luck!

-Gan

Jan 15, 2017 10:44 AM in response to LudovicaBenedetti

Go into Settings --> Music and make sure the option to show Apple Music is turned on. If it is, try turning it off and then on again, then check your music library (and be patient - give it a minute or two for your music to show up).

If that does not work, go into Settings --> iTunes and make sure that you are signed in with the correct account (you may have gotten logged out for some reason, or switched accounts by accident if you have more than one). You might want to try logging out and logging back in to iTunes.

Sep 23, 2017 8:45 AM in response to Joseph Delaney

This fix "works", but it does not restore all the songs to my I phones hard drive, a very time consuming task.

This problem, where my music library dissapeared, was only part of the train wreck set into motion by my simple changing of my ICloud ID password.

Apple needs to fix the Byzantine security system, where logic does not prevail, and various code access names are changed on a seemingly monthly basis. There is no way to keep track of anything. In a word: pathetic. Quite simply the Apple security system is the worst in the business. It strikes fear into my heart every time I use it and sometimes even a paid trip to my computer guru.

Oct 1, 2017 4:10 PM in response to LudovicaBenedetti

I was unable to turn my iCloud Music Library back on. I went to the Music settings and watched as the button and option to turn on the iCloud Music Library went missing. I have logged in and out of my Apple ID, time and time again, done soft resets, hard resets... obsolutely nothing works. It is turned on, on my iPhone but the option no longer exists on my iPad.

Oct 2, 2017 6:34 PM in response to DCRMICAH

Well, mine was not a cell tower issue, as it was my iPad that was affected and it’s only WiFi. About an hour or two after writing my previous comment, everything was restored back to normal. Maybe it’s best to just wait it out if things like this happen, rather than wasting time trying to fix whatever went out of whack in the first place. I knew it was nothing I had done so why should I try to fix it? The thing is, you don’t know if it’s just going to come back again without doing anything about it.

The iCloud Music Library button is back again and it works like the day it was first made. Life is good again.

Apple Music library disappeared from iPhone but not on my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.