Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar will NOT share - invites Disappear

As the person who recommended that our company use Apple's iCloud system for work, I'm getting egg on my face for suggesting that we switch from Gmail/Google Calendar to iCloud. The boss was using Google Calendars with no problems, but liked the idea of using the Apple Ecosystem. But we CANNOT get the Calendar sharing to work on all accounts.

We all have iPhones 6s and iPad Pro's, using iOS10. I have created 4 separate iCloud accounts for each person - user.company@icloud.com, so everyone has their own calendar and mail. Reason for sharing is so the receptionist can enter Appointments for the team. For some "strange" reason, ONLY one of these accounts will share. I have tried it on the iPhone, iPad and iCloud.com. I have logged out, logged in, reboot, reformat, reset and etc. No luck. So, here is what is happening:

I go into Calendar on my iPhone and select Calendar at the bottom center.

I select EDIT.

Then under iCloud I select my calendar, which I renamed to may name.

Then I select SHARED WITH, then Add Person.

I type the name user.company@icloud.com

Click ADD.

I can see the name under SHARED WITH listed as Pending (view & Edit).

Then at top right, I click DONE.

The screen goes back and I see the name and then BAM...it disappears and NO INVITE is send and etc.

I must have over 20 hours invested into trying to get it to work, reading forums, posting questions, and NOTHING has worked so far. Boss not happy, me frustrated.

It simply DOES NOT work. And my searches reveal I'm not the only one with this issue, going back to 2010...seriously?

Any ideas and suggestions would be appreciated before we switch back to Google.

😟 😟 😟 😟 😟

PS - next time I'll keep my mouth shut.

It just doesn't s

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS Sierra (10.12)

Posted on Jan 18, 2017 6:02 AM

24 replies

Jan 19, 2017 4:40 AM in response to tygb

Hmmmm. TYGB - I appreciate any and all help, and not sure why you posted that link. My post "should" indicate that I am WAY PAST the basic set up and am having issues of the SHARE INVITE disappearing. at this time I am NOT able to get 5 of the 6 iCloud user accounts to share, only one. All accounts created the same day and the same way.

Baffling to say the least.

😟

Apr 6, 2017 12:18 AM in response to McCaffertee

Hi McCaffertee,

I had the same issue for the last few months, and I was able to resolve it just today. Hopefully you will have the same luck.

I also have a work calendar that I share to a team. Now that the team is expanding, I could no longer add participants. Same as you, their names would enter and appear as normal under "Shared With", but would disappear as soon as I hit "Done".

Apr 6, 2017 12:25 AM in response to Bea L.

Firstly, do you have more than one calendar under that iCloud account? There is usually an "iCloud" account then the calendars under there show. If not, do any other calendars appear in your app? Particularly under "Others".

I found that one of my other calendars had an error in updating. The indication for me (I'm using a Macbook Pro) was the triangle with an exclamation point in the middle. This is usually a sign that something is Offline or not syncing. When I clicked it, there was a pop-up box that said the calendar had an error. It wasn't an important calendar so I deleted it. Once I deleted the faulty calendar, everything among my other calendars worked just fine. I think it was because of this that my entire calendar could not sync properly. Hence, people could not be added.

May 23, 2017 9:12 AM in response to McCaffertee

I had nearly the same problem. I was able to share my calender to my wife but she could not share her calender with me. The invitation disappeared after some seconds and was not sent. I tried many things without success. I then called AppleCare Telephone Support. After going through all my Preferences and the Prefrences of my wifes computer with the advisor he sent the case to the developers and a week later everything works like a charm.

Feb 18, 2018 12:52 PM in response to McCaffertee

I see this post is more than a year later than the original query, and I am experiencing the same exact problem!

I can share my Calendar with my husband, but not the other way. The invitation he creates to share his calendar with me is acknowledged on his phone for a second, then disappears.

I receive no invitation on my phone to accept the shared calendar.

Does anyone have a way to get this cleared up without calling Apple for help?

Apr 2, 2018 10:27 AM in response to McCaffertee

FYI, this problem still occurs. I tried all kinds of workaround, but there's just no way I can share any calendar (old or new) from any platform (iOS, MacOS, iCloud). Apple's front line support people couldn't fix it themselves. I'm waiting on the phone for them now, so they can "collect my information" and submit a ticket to their engineering team.

From what I've read in other posts, this is the only solution and it'll take them 3-4 days to fix it.

Calendar will NOT share - invites Disappear

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.