Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Com.apple.mobile phone error 1035

Visual voicemail not working. When I try to save a custom greeting I get this error message. My voice mails are not being transferred to my phone, and I am also not getting any notification that I have a voicemail. I have a 16gig iphone 6. I have Verizon cell service, but this issue in not specific to Verizon.

Googled it, tried the suggestions that were online-none worked.

Went to Verizon store, spent several hours there-they were also unable to correct the problem. They told me to wait 3 days and maybe the phone would fix itself. It didn’t!

Called Apple support-after hours on the phone with them-still not fixed! They were to call me back the next day with a more experienced support tech-still waiting. Visual voicemail remains inoperable after 4 days of investigating every possible solution. Needless to say, frustrated that this simple issue can’t be corrected! Any suggestions?

iPhone 6, iOS 10.2.1

Posted on Jan 27, 2017 6:38 AM

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

Error 1035

Posted on Feb 1, 2017 6:08 AM

Question marked as Helpful

Feb 5, 2017 10:33 AM in response to doodle9 In response to doodle9

i dont know if you have resolved this issue but usually when this "error 1035" pops up it is because that you need to set up your voicemail. This is meant your voicemail box isnt/hasnt been setup or has been reset.

**go to Phone > Keypad > Press & Hold "1" : from here this will let you know if you have to setup your voicemail based on your carrier.

hope this works for those that are having this issue.

** = this may not work based on your carrier; this works for at&t.

Feb 5, 2017 10:33 AM

Mar 17, 2017 6:56 PM in response to doodle9 In response to doodle9

I was getting the same error when to setup my visual voicemail on Verizon. Here's what I did to fix it.

Turn off your wifi. Goto Phone > keypad.

Press and hold 1. This will access your voicemail through your carrier.

Setup your voicemail. Hangup.

Shut down your phone. Turn it back on.

Goto Phone > Voicemail.

You should be good to go.

Mar 17, 2017 6:56 PM

Feb 5, 2017 10:46 AM in response to pulloa In response to pulloa

I did finally get the problem resolved. The problem arose because when I purchased my phone over 2 years ago, an incorrect IMEI number was documented, and when I updated my Iphone just recently it caused this issue with the Visual Voicemail program. No idea why it took 2 years to surface, but it's fixed. It was an extremely patient Apple tech support person that helped me figure it out. He was an Aussie named Mitch, and I will always be grateful for his knowledge and patience. Thank you for your reply!

Feb 5, 2017 10:46 AM

Mar 17, 2017 12:04 AM in response to doodle9 In response to doodle9

Well... after all was reset ( reset network settings ) - Re-setup answering machine - after being on phone with at&t tech support - seems, can't do it over wi-fi, must be done on a cellular network... otherwise it would error out for me.

Mar 17, 2017 12:04 AM

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Feb 5, 2017 10:33 AM in response to doodle9 In response to doodle9

i dont know if you have resolved this issue but usually when this "error 1035" pops up it is because that you need to set up your voicemail. This is meant your voicemail box isnt/hasnt been setup or has been reset.

**go to Phone > Keypad > Press & Hold "1" : from here this will let you know if you have to setup your voicemail based on your carrier.

hope this works for those that are having this issue.

** = this may not work based on your carrier; this works for at&t.

Feb 5, 2017 10:33 AM

Reply Helpful (26)

Feb 5, 2017 10:46 AM in response to pulloa In response to pulloa

I did finally get the problem resolved. The problem arose because when I purchased my phone over 2 years ago, an incorrect IMEI number was documented, and when I updated my Iphone just recently it caused this issue with the Visual Voicemail program. No idea why it took 2 years to surface, but it's fixed. It was an extremely patient Apple tech support person that helped me figure it out. He was an Aussie named Mitch, and I will always be grateful for his knowledge and patience. Thank you for your reply!

Feb 5, 2017 10:46 AM

Reply Helpful (7)

Mar 17, 2017 12:04 AM in response to doodle9 In response to doodle9

Well... after all was reset ( reset network settings ) - Re-setup answering machine - after being on phone with at&t tech support - seems, can't do it over wi-fi, must be done on a cellular network... otherwise it would error out for me.

Mar 17, 2017 12:04 AM

Reply Helpful (6)

Mar 17, 2017 6:56 PM in response to doodle9 In response to doodle9

I was getting the same error when to setup my visual voicemail on Verizon. Here's what I did to fix it.

Turn off your wifi. Goto Phone > keypad.

Press and hold 1. This will access your voicemail through your carrier.

Setup your voicemail. Hangup.

Shut down your phone. Turn it back on.

Goto Phone > Voicemail.

You should be good to go.

Mar 17, 2017 6:56 PM

Reply Helpful (12)

Apr 10, 2017 10:29 AM in response to pulloa In response to pulloa

Holding down the 1 button from keypad got me to a point where I could use my pass code to enter VM. After that all my messages were available. It is a work phone and we did a security update that required a stronger phone pass word, and I think that is when I lost access to my VM. After the log in everything started working again, a reset from ATT would probably have worked as well. Thanks

Apr 10, 2017 10:29 AM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: doodle9

Question: Com.apple.mobile phone error 1035