Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I write a review from App store on the iPhone

Product is a iPhone 5 s and iOS version is a 10.2.1 and from the App Store

Posted on Feb 2, 2017 11:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2017 11:09 AM

You want to write a review for an App in the App store?

Or do you want to review the iPhone?

If you want to write a review for an App, find the App in the App store, open its details page, and then tap on Reviews, and then on Write a Review.

You must have bought or downloaded the App before you can write a review.

User uploaded file

33 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2017 11:09 AM in response to russellb4787

You want to write a review for an App in the App store?

Or do you want to review the iPhone?

If you want to write a review for an App, find the App in the App store, open its details page, and then tap on Reviews, and then on Write a Review.

You must have bought or downloaded the App before you can write a review.

User uploaded file

Jan 31, 2018 3:45 PM in response to Phil0124

Hi,

first time posting on these forums. I have this problem too, I've taken the time to write a review for an app, but the App Store doesn't seem to send it.

No problem getting to the screen above. I've entered a title, text for the review and a star rating for my review. After clicking on "Send", I get a popup prompting me to enter a nickname. After entering this and clicking OK, the nickname popup disappears, and it goes back to the screen with my review. "Send" is still showing at the top right hand side in blue (i.e. it's not greyed out), but this time, clicking it does nothing. The only way to exit the screen is to click on "Cancel" on the top left hand side, which takes you back to the main screen for the app.

I've tried going in to "See All" next to the Ratings and Reviews, just in case it sent without confirming or making it obvious, but my review just seems to have been lost. I've tried repeating a few times as a test, but same result. Using an iPhone on iOS 11.2.5 if that helps.

Thanks.

Feb 2, 2017 11:15 AM in response to russellb4787

You'll have to use Safari on the phone or another device if you don't use a computer, open the Apple Store link at the bottom of the Apple page Apple.com/retail and choose the product you want to review. Scroll down to "Reviews" and look for the link "add a review". You will be taken to a log in with your Apple ID and password. After that you can write your review.

Feb 5, 2017 9:39 AM in response to russellb4787

russellb4787 wrote:

When I try to send the review it just goes back to we're the download page for the app and trying to write a review to the app

And that is correct. When you tap on "Send" it will close the Review page and put you back in the App page.

If you tap on "Write a Review" option again, you should then see your written review. Which you can edit.

It may however take some time for your review to show up in the list of reviews below. It won't appear immediately.

Nov 5, 2017 6:21 PM in response to russellb4787

apple now release a new Iphone but the sad with all consumer including me - the iphone that you bough last year will be come slow and your battery wont last, apple this is that way to keep consumer buying their new cool stuff

is to create new update so that you will need to buy a new one. sad news but its the reality - don't make them rich and I love apple but they are not helping the consumer at all .

Jan 30, 2018 4:43 AM in response to russellb4787

You can't. Short and simple. If there are people on here asking about how to do it (and every last post on how to do it is obsolete) it can't be done. It should be so simple like leaving a review on amazon. Even if there is a way, it's a total cluster. Typical Apple software platforms. I mean, have you tried using itunes lately? It is so difficult to navigate.

Feb 18, 2018 11:37 AM in response to russellb4787

I wasn’t able to leave a review for a product directly from the Apple Store app on my iPhone. I had to use Safari and go to the store that way, find the product I wanted to review, click “Write a Review” and write it. Afterwards, I was only able to click the blue “Preview” button. Screen would refresh but nothing else would happen. So, I copied and pasted the review to my clipboard so I wouldn’t have to rewrite it entirely and started over again. This time upon pressing “Preview” I got a warning that I needed to leave a Star Rating. Then a “Submit” button appeared and I was able to submit the review successfully.

Be sure to click a Star Rating. Hope this helps.

Ryan

How do I write a review from App store on the iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.