Related Article: Charge your AirPods and learn about battery life

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Right Air Pod is not charging.

My right Air Pod is not charging. The case is charged, the left one charges, and I have already synced, forgotten device, rebooted, updated iPhone 7 iOS, and, resynced, and still the right Air Pod won't charge. It made contact and partially charged twice... but the battery died out within three minutes... Thus, I called Apple Support and they mentioned that I did everything they would have suggested. I think it is a simple matter of the right Air Pod not making contact to start the charge, but there is no way to ensure it makes contact given the shape of the case and shape of the Pod. Aside from exchange, since they do not have them in stock, or at least, until they are in stock, what is the resolution? Thank you in advance.

iPhone 7, iOS 10.2.1

Posted on Feb 5, 2017 9:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2017 11:48 AM

I had a similar problem with my left AirPod. Seems that if I wiggled it while watching the battery indicator in the widget on the iPhone I could see that it would charge and then not charge, indicating that it wasn't connecting in the charging case consistently. I first tried cleaning the metal contacts on the AirPod to no avail. Finally, decided to use a sewing needle to VERY carefully bend/pry ever so slightly the copper contacts in the bottom of the AirPod well in the hopes of making better contact. That seemed to do the trick and it makes contact consistently now. Probably still best to seek replacement from Apple Store as if you damage your charging case or short it it while trying this it likely won't be covered by warranty.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2017 11:48 AM in response to ZeeboNian

I had a similar problem with my left AirPod. Seems that if I wiggled it while watching the battery indicator in the widget on the iPhone I could see that it would charge and then not charge, indicating that it wasn't connecting in the charging case consistently. I first tried cleaning the metal contacts on the AirPod to no avail. Finally, decided to use a sewing needle to VERY carefully bend/pry ever so slightly the copper contacts in the bottom of the AirPod well in the hopes of making better contact. That seemed to do the trick and it makes contact consistently now. Probably still best to seek replacement from Apple Store as if you damage your charging case or short it it while trying this it likely won't be covered by warranty.

Right Air Pod is not charging.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.