Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Heart rate monitor not working in workout app

I'm a new user, so hopefully an easy answer for someone. Apple Watch Series 2 WatchOS 3.1.3

I did an outdoor run last night and a 10k outdoor walk today. Both times workouts started on my watch via the workout app, both workouts not showing any heart rate details. On the health app on my phone, for both workouts, there is no heart rate data from when the app was activated till the workout was completed, what am I doing wrong?

ive also tried starting a workout and then trying to read heart rate from the heart rate app, I get a message saying to try again, for best results keep Watch snug on top of your wrist. However, as soon as I stop the workout app and try the heart rate app, it reads perfectly

Apple Watch Series 2, watchOS 3.1.3

Posted on Feb 5, 2017 9:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2017 9:22 AM

Hi

It may help to check the following settings:

On your iPhone, go to: Settings > Privacy > Motion & Fitness - check that both Fitness Tracking and Health are enabled.

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > Privacy > Motion & Fitness - check that both Fitness Tracking and Heart Rate are enabled.

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > General > turn off Workout Power Saving Mode.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2017 9:22 AM in response to MagsGibson

Hi

It may help to check the following settings:

On your iPhone, go to: Settings > Privacy > Motion & Fitness - check that both Fitness Tracking and Health are enabled.

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > Privacy > Motion & Fitness - check that both Fitness Tracking and Heart Rate are enabled.

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > General > turn off Workout Power Saving Mode.

Heart rate monitor not working in workout app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.