Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Report Apple Discussion Accounts.

I am currently being targeted by many users on one of my discussions and I really don't have the time for it. I would like to report them and I don't know how to. I do not want people going to my account to find the post I made and joining it, I would just like an answer to this question only.

Posted on Feb 12, 2017 5:10 PM

20 replies

Feb 12, 2017 5:15 PM in response to JAnime_Gamer

I am currently being targeted by many users on one of my discussions and I really don't have the time for it. I would like to report them and I don't know how to. I do not want people going to my account to find the post I made and joining it, I would just like an answer to this question only.

I assume you are referring to this thread: Windows 10.1 BootCamp Network Virus Moved to Mac.

If you "don't have time for it" just stop responding.

Feb 14, 2017 8:49 AM in response to JAnime_Gamer

I'd like to give you and other level 1s who cannot report some advice in dealing with similar situations in the future. Try to ignore people who aren't helpful or are trying to get a rise out of you, or just quickly and politely mention that they're not being helpful. Don't respond after that point unless they are helpful later in the thread. There isn't much else you can do for another 150 points.

Take, for example, your threads. If you look at the thread where this all started, I see a level 7 trying to poke fun at you and your situation. The other users who can report are busy not reporting or not answering. In this thread I see a level 6, a level 7, and a level 9 all trying to get a rise out of you. That's three out of the six users in this thread who have reporting abilities, only one has openly mentioned trying to help you or take care of the situation. All posts, as of right now, are still up and publicly available.

One other thing to think about: Users that are Level 6 and above have their own place to post and talk amongst themselves. (Levels and Perks ) If there's a group of them piling on here, out in the open in the public forums, who's to say what may be going on there, and it'll take you 8,000 points to figure it out.

Again, ignore people who are trying to rile you up. Until you hit level 2, there isn't anything else you can do.

Feb 12, 2017 7:55 PM in response to JAnime_Gamer

JAnime_Gamer wrote:

How do I report apple support users.

Hello JAnime_Gamer,

All you can do is post a question in this forum. The Apple moderators check it on a regular basis for people like you that need assistance but can't yet report posts.

In the interim, if you don't want someone to continue posting in your thread, politely ask them to stop replying. If they don't, then you would have cause to report them. At this point, you have no cause to complain.

Feb 12, 2017 6:28 PM in response to JAnime_Gamer

You cannot report anyone until you've earned enough points to reach a higher level.

And, you do not have a "private" account here; these are online open forums and, as long as someone is signed in with their Apple ID, they have access to all the forums and can click on someone's name which will show them all the posts they have made. Just like I clicked on your name:

JAnime_Gamer

You are not being targeted by anyone. People have tried to help you.

You cannot stop people from reading your posts. If you do not want people to read your posts, then you will need to stop participating here.

Feb 12, 2017 7:48 PM in response to Allan Eckert

You do realize that this is a public forum, so I can read this. And it doesn't matter if people consider if I have an attitude or not, that never gives anybody a right to them target them. Because you directly stated that after I "developed my attitude", people were then targeting me, but, that doesn't give them a right. For example, If a kid was being verbally bullied, does that give the kid the right to then verbally abuse the bully? No, it does not.

Feb 12, 2017 8:22 PM in response to JAnime_Gamer

Hello again JAnime_Gamer,

You have asked multiple questions, so that is why you are getting multiple answers.

Since you are not a Level 2, you cannot report posts on your own. You must post a message here and wait for an Apple moderator to notice.

Regardless of level, no one has the ability to delete any posts made by themselves or by anyone else. Only the Apple moderators have that ability. Even then, I don't think they ever delete anything. I think they just move posts to a non-public forum. In any event, you would have to specifically request this.

I will go ahead and report your post here and get the attention of the Apple moderators. I can't guarantee they will respond or that they will take any action.

How to Report Apple Discussion Accounts.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.