Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete "database" Cookie?

Trying to delete a cookie. I click"Preferences", then "Manage Website Data", then "Remove All". The cookies that have "cache" written under them disappear OK. But the cookies that have "database" written under them disappear and pop back up in a few seconds ! How do I get rid of them?

MacBook Air, macOS Sierra (10.12.3)

Posted on Mar 5, 2017 6:44 PM

26 replies

Apr 29, 2017 2:50 PM in response to tworow70

As the 2nd article points out, they are capable of regenerating after deletion with files that go to many parts of the system.

Safari/Browsers – can’t delete cookies

Evercookie

Quit Safari.

In Finder go to Go menu and then Go to Folder.

Copy and paste this ~/Library/Safari/Databases.

Delete the contents of the folder.

Launch Safari again and check if all is ok.

If that doesn’t work, copy and paste this ~/Library/Safari/LocalStorage.

Delete the contents of the folder.

Then go to Safari/History and delete any entries for the related websites.

Test.

May 19, 2017 5:24 PM in response to p84

at first I deleted the database files from preferences and the database cookies remained and then went to the library folder and deleted the database folder and this did the trick. After launching safari again, the database folder was recreated. I assume the database cookies will begin to come back and will have to do this all over again. How come safari does not fix this issue?

Jun 30, 2017 6:42 AM in response to p84

I found these specific directions on another forum after noodling around for hours when I had the same problem:

Click on Finder
From the Finder's “Go” drop-down menu, select “Go to Folder”
Type in (or copy and paste): ~/Library/Safari/Databases

Click the "Go" button.

Then select and move the folders that were labeled as specific website databases (the ones that you want to delete that previously automatically repopulated) to the Trash.

Empty the trash

Aug 8, 2017 3:12 AM in response to Eric Root

I have the same issue and this issue is bothering me as well.

I can see the websites in file 'Databases.db' in folder 'Safari/Databases'

I am a novice user: can I completely delete the file 'Databases.db' or should I delete the complete content in this file?User uploaded file

User uploaded file

How to delete "database" Cookie?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.