Related Article

Use Low Power Mode to save battery life on your iPhone

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Can I lock my iPhone in permanent Low Power mode?

I want my phone to always be in Low Power Mode

iPhone 6s, iOS 10.1.1

Posted on

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Mar 14, 2017 4:09 PM in response to Grover979 In response to Grover979

You can go to Settings->Battery->Low Power Mode and manually turn it on, and it won't turn off until you manually turn it off.

So for all intents and purposes it will be locked to on.

Note that Low Power mode stops a lot of features from working on the iPhone in order to conserve power.

Mar 14, 2017 4:09 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 14, 2017 4:12 PM in response to Phil0124 In response to Phil0124

Phil0124 wrote:

You can go to Settings->Battery->Low Power Mode and manually turn it on, and it won't turn off until you manually turn it off.

It turns off automatically when you're charging the phone and it reaches 80%.

Mar 14, 2017 4:12 PM

Reply Helpful (1)

Mar 14, 2017 4:14 PM in response to IdrisSeabright In response to IdrisSeabright

IdrisSeabright wrote:

Phil0124 wrote:

I see, I did not know that. Good to know.

Mar 14, 2017 4:14 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 14, 2017 4:16 PM in response to Phil0124 In response to Phil0124

Phil0124 wrote:

IdrisSeabright wrote:

Phil0124 wrote:

I see, I did not know that. Good to know.

Fortunately, it alerts you that it's turing it off so that at least you are aware and can turn it back on again.

Mar 14, 2017 4:16 PM

Reply Helpful

Sep 14, 2017 10:53 AM in response to IdrisSeabright In response to IdrisSeabright

When the notification tells you that low-power mode is turmed off (battery sufficiently charged) you can swipe it right and go straight to the low-power mode switch. I do this every morning, takes literally one second.

Sep 14, 2017 10:53 AM

Reply Helpful (2)

Sep 14, 2017 11:06 AM in response to flick harrison In response to flick harrison

flick harrison wrote:

When the notification tells you that low-power mode is turmed off (battery sufficiently charged) you can swipe it right and go straight to the low-power mode switch. I do this every morning, takes literally one second.

Good to know. Hopefully that tip will be helpful to people who want to keep their phone in low power mode.

Best of luck.

Sep 14, 2017 11:06 AM

Reply Helpful

Oct 22, 2017 6:14 PM in response to thomasjojo In response to thomasjojo

thomasjojo wrote:

I added the low power mode button to my lock screen, but an option to disable the automatic off switch when charging above 80% would be good (for us who use the phone as a tool for many tasks).

please do, Apple.

Please submit your feedback to Apple:

http://www.apple.com/feedback

Oct 22, 2017 6:14 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 14, 2017 3:37 PM in response to Mike Christmas In response to Mike Christmas

Mike Christmas wrote:

Incorrect. When the battery is placed on charge and it reaches a certain % it will auto turn off battery save.

Yes, I pointed that out to Phil back in March. He's a smart guy. I suspect he still understands.

Submit any feedback you have for Apple here:

http://www.apple.com/feedback

Nov 14, 2017 3:37 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Grover979

Question: Can I lock my iPhone in permanent Low Power mode?