Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS Sierra: A keychain cannot be found

A popup shows up when I try to login system with message A keychain cannot be found, could anyone help, thank you.User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS Sierra (10.12.3)

Posted on Mar 23, 2017 10:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2017 11:33 PM

According to this article : Keychain Access: If you’re asked frequently to unlock your keychain

If you don’t remember your previous user password

If you don’t remember your previous user password, you need to reset your default keychain. Resetting the default keychain deletes all the passwords saved in the keychain, but should allow you to sync up.

1. Choose Keychain Access > Preferences, then click General.
  2. Click Reset My Default Keychain.
  3. In the Finder, choose Apple menu > Log Out. When you log in again, save your current password in a keychain.

User uploaded file

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2017 11:33 PM in response to lukyw

According to this article : Keychain Access: If you’re asked frequently to unlock your keychain

If you don’t remember your previous user password

If you don’t remember your previous user password, you need to reset your default keychain. Resetting the default keychain deletes all the passwords saved in the keychain, but should allow you to sync up.

1. Choose Keychain Access > Preferences, then click General.
  2. Click Reset My Default Keychain.
  3. In the Finder, choose Apple menu > Log Out. When you log in again, save your current password in a keychain.

User uploaded file

macOS Sierra: A keychain cannot be found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.