Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 10.3 HTML emails appear too small font

I updated to 10.3 and post that few of my email(html) appear too small and it's hard to read them. Even on zoom, the text doesn't get organised to the screen and instead I have to swipe across to read each line. It looks more like a desktop version of email

What I tried so far

1) Reset and then setup as new iphone

2) Reset using itunes, and added just one email account and still the same. I did not restore any back up

3) Rolled back to 10.2 and it was all fine again

My problem now is I can't stay at 10.3 since my watch won't pair as I had updated watchOS too. So my watch now pairs only with 10.3. I reached out to apple and they don't have any solution

iPhone 7, iOS 10.3, HTML Emails font size

Posted on Mar 29, 2017 3:58 AM

83 replies

Apr 17, 2017 10:25 AM in response to S.Shahid

Response from Apple:

Hi Shahid,

Thanks for your continued patience. This is something that seems to be affecting everyone receiving formatted emails - I understand it’s been a lengthy process, but these changes take time to implement, if they’re decided to be implemented. For now, we need to let the engineers work, and review the logs you’ve sent and see what they say. I can confirm that the issue affecting you, is also affecting me (and as you’ve seen, your co-workers) so it’s being looked into. In the mean time, you’re free to provide feedback at www.apple.com/feedback about the issue.

You’ll hear from me once I’ve hard back from our engineers.

Thanks Shahid!

Apr 25, 2017 8:34 AM in response to Amit Iyer

Hi All!

Thanks for your posts.

I have an iPhone SE and this issue only appeared with the latest update 10.3.1

No solution found so far.

I have sent a bug-report to Apple via https://bugreport.apple.com/logon

i encourage you to repor this issue via that website!

Let's hope that Apple will take the issue seriously this time.

Seems that it doesn't concerned just a few people...

I still waiting few days and will try to roll back to 10.3.0 to see if the issue disappear ...

Don't hesitate to send your feedback as well.

thx

Apr 11, 2017 7:34 PM in response to S.Shahid

Same issue. Apple support is absolutely useless. Zero follow-up. Said they would call after resetting my phone. Nope!

Apple knows it's an issue and won't keep their customers updated with fixes. Apple has turned into a shameless organization. Releasing IOS updates that fail to meet smartphone user demands.

I can't read any emails on my iPhone in an enterprise business environment. Ready to bite the bullet and try Samsung 8.

No options at this point. When we reply on our smart phones and they fail, what do you do?

Apr 12, 2017 10:54 AM in response to S.Shahid

I am not upgrading either though I get a notification everyday to install the latest update.

Another annoying thing is Apple releases a new version of iOS and immediately discontinues certification for earlier version of iOS.

Apple should at least wait for 6-12 months before discontinuing the certification. They cannot expect customers to forcefully use a iOS with bugs merely because the customer has no other choice.

Apr 12, 2017 11:00 AM in response to Amit Iyer

Oh I just noticed that "signing' is revoked for all versions except 10.3.1

My phone has also downloaded the update and almost forces me to update but I'm not doing it till apple fixes this email issue.

As of now my watch is useless as it doesn't pair with anything less than 10.3 but I can't afford to mess my emails to use the watch.

Overall I'm fed up talking to apple guys and this case is moving at a very slow pace!

I'm not sure how many people have reported this issue.

It's strange that some of my colleagues didn't even realise this problem until I showed them what has happened to HTML emails!

Apr 13, 2017 7:58 AM in response to Djiego13

Well there is no fix as of now, no matter what steps you follow.

And there is no other thread I can see with apple, however I have a case open if that helps.

I've been pushing it hard with apple support but seems it's not enough!

Case # 100161869312, you can refer that so that you don't need to demonstrate again.

I have shared snapshot of the same email in 10.2 and 10.3 to clearly show the problem

Apr 16, 2017 8:58 PM in response to S.Shahid

Thanks for letting me know...

I am still with this issue and my corporate confirmed this is an Apple issue that was even reported back in 2016 without any indication to fix yet.

I also have an Apple Watch paired after 10.3 .. you mentioned there is no way to have iPhone back to 10.2 and Apple watch working?

Is there any risk of data loss after loading a 10.2 backup?

iOS 10.3 HTML emails appear too small font

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.