Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wi-Fi and GPS not working after iOS 10.3 update

I updated my iPhone 6 a couple of days ago to iOS 10.3 and since then no Wi-Fi networks show up in the list, but I am still connected to my home network and any other ones that I already had saved. No new networks show at all.

Also, since then, the GPS has stopped working completely. I downloaded an app that shows you which satellites you're receiving, and it shows as none. All the map applications no longer work other than pick me up where I am via cell tower and Wi-Fi signals.

I don't think it's a hardware thing as it happened instantaneously with the update.

Any ideas?

Posted on Apr 1, 2017 3:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2017 12:19 PM

Hi Jimmer,

I have the same issues. iPhone 6. Since update no more GPS and very shoddy wifi connectivity.

This is ridiculous! Apple needs to hotfix this as soon as possible. Perfectly good hardware made unusable by an update. It's almost sue-worthy.

30 replies

Apr 3, 2017 5:16 AM in response to Jimmer on the mac

Thank you for using the steps we provided, Jimmer. We're glad to know that Wi-Fi is working as expected on your iPhone 6.
We do have some questions we need to ask, however.

1. Which model of iPad Pro do you own? Identify your iPad model
  2. Which iOS has been installed on it? Find the software version on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod
  3. Have you updated Waze on both devices? The latest version in the App Store is dated March 25, 2017.

Let us know and enjoy your day!

May 27, 2017 10:03 PM in response to Jimmer on the mac

I have the same issue. The GPS on my iphone 6 completely not working and have very poor wifi connectivity after i updated to 10.3.2. I also have tried everything included contact apple support, but they end up advising me to get a new one.

I've been using apple product since 8 years ago, and this problem really disappointing me.

Please Apple, find a way to fix this problem !!!!!!!!!!!!

Apr 2, 2017 9:17 AM in response to Jimmer on the mac

Hey there, Jimmer.
After reviewing your post, you're unable to connect to any new Wi-Fi network and you're also unable to use any of the map applications on your iPhone. I'll be happy to help you with this.
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- Once your iPhone has returned to the Home screen, test the issue again.
How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch -- If restarting your phone didn't resolve the issue, please be certain you have a fresh backup of your iPhone to keep your personal information safe.
Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to factory settings -- This process will completely wipe the iPhone to allow a fresh copy of the iOS software to be installed. The first time through, select "Set up as a new iPhone". Test the issue again. Feel free to sign into iTunes & App Store and iCloud. If everything is working as it should, use the "Restore from a backup" link located in the "Get Help" section.

Let me know how that goes and take care!

Apr 4, 2017 5:36 AM in response to Jimmer on the mac

Again, thank you for the information and for sticking with us as we work through this issue. Please follow the steps provided below.​
About privacy and Location Services in iOS 8 and later -- Make sure that you've set the date, time, and time zone correctly on the device in Settings > General > Date & Time. If possible, use Set Automatically. If the date, time and time zone are/were correct, please reset all of your location settings to the factory default by tapping Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset Location & Privacy.
Contact Apple Support -- If Location Services still isn't working after trying the above, it's time to have your devices evaluated. Apple Support will be able to supply all of your service options.
Find Locations -- You can also locate the nearest Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider instead.
How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch -- Before you take or send your phone in, please be certain you have a fresh backup to keep your personal information safe.

Best regards.

May 13, 2017 9:28 AM in response to PeteBKK

Same issue, Iphone 6. GPS not working. Before update everything working OK.

I did everything what I could (reset, restore) and nothing... since Apple stop sign previous version of IOS we cannot anymore downgrade... and we are in sh*** with GPS.

btw.

I think this is software issue, previously I had problems with battery... iphone switching off when temperature was below -1... after update IOS problem disappeared with this....

May 23, 2017 1:38 PM in response to xtrasyn

I believe I'm encountering a similiar issue with GPS on my iPhone 6 also after updating to 10.3.2

It may (inconclusive) be improved by removing the case, but I didn't have to do this prior to updating the IOS.

Wifi I think is ok or at least I have really got any strong opinion that its not, but GPS definitely is very poor of late...

May 25, 2017 7:18 AM in response to Jimmer on the mac

I've been having the same problem since updating to ios 10.3.1 and the 10.3.2 update has not improved anything.

I actually have two iPhone 6s, One for work and the other personal. The problem is limited to my personal phone. My suspicion is there there is a conflict between the new iOS and some minor piece of hardware in SOME versions of the 6.

It would be really helpful if Apple acknowledged the issue and provided SOME sort of expectations regarding a fix.

Jun 2, 2017 4:44 AM in response to Jimmer on the mac

Just wanted to say that I, too, am having the same issue. It's been this way since I updated my iOS in April. Bluetooth, wifi, and GPS have issues, with GPS not working at all, Bluetooth that allows other devices to see me but not connect and for my bluetooth to not see others, and some wifi systems (including my home wifi) requiring that I be within about 8 feet of the router to pick up the signal.

I tried everything suggest anywhere. I talked to Apple support. I've wiped the phone and reinstalled stuff. I've forced a reinstall of the software. I took it to an Apple store where they told me they couldn't find anything wrong with it (it was deep within a mall where GPS wasn't necessarily going to be picked up anyway so how could they know?) and that it worked fine with their wifi. They suggested that maybe we had too many devices on our home wifi and that was causing it to not work at home. Hmmmm... it started as soon as the iOS update was done, there is nothing new about the number of devices on our home network, and previously I could go anywhere in the house and have a strong signal... and that is still true for ANY device except my phone.

I had to upgrade my data because it uses data when it previously would've used wifi. I've always gotten along fine with 1GB of data per month. This month I bought 3GB and burned through it in less than two weeks because it can't get wifi in the house.

So frustrating.

Apple wanted me to just buy a new phone. <sigh> So, so frustrating that this one worked flawlessly prior to this software update.

Jun 2, 2017 5:51 AM in response to Jimmer on the mac

I am a fan of apple product, And you all know that apple products are expensive compare to their competitors. I'm using iphone 6 only less than 2 years and I thought with those price i could still using it around 2 or 3 more years.

I can accept it if the problem is because i was misused my phone, but when i know the problem because of the software and they didn't do anything about it, i really feel disappointed and i might not using they product again.

Please Apple, do something for us.

Jun 5, 2017 9:26 AM in response to jeshinta

I have EXACTLY the same problem, precisely after installing the update to iOS 10.3.1. When I took my iPhone 6 w/64GB to the Apple Store, the Genius Bar technicians ran some diagnostics programs on it and apparently nothing was wrong: The only recommendation they gave me to solve the problem they couldn't diagnose was to install the iOS update to 10.3.2, which I did.

So, I've installed that update and after that, I've reset all Network Settings afterwards:he problems remained exactly untouched: Terrible Wi-Fi (I am capable to connect to my Home Wi-Fi Network ONLY if I am practically in front of the Router, not beyond 10 feet) and uncapable to connect to any GPS satellites, even if I am outside in the clear.

I've already done another test: I updated my other iPhone (an iPhone 5S w/16GB) to iOS 10.3.2 and EVERYTHING WORKS FINE. When I put both phones side by side, the iPhone 5S can locate several other Wi-Fi Networks, while the iPhone 6 is able to locate ONLY my Home Wi-Fi...when I am very close to the Router.

Which really infuriates me is the fact that Apple simply do not acknowledges this problem that is happening to many iPhone 6 owners, just when we (stupidly) try to keep our phones updated.

The only alternative that the Genius Bar in the Apple Store gave me was to spend US$350 Dollars to replace my iPhone 6 for another exactly identical. But, besides a stupid cost that I DON'T FEEL WE MUST PAY, who guarantees me that I will not have the same problem with an identical model?

WE NEED TO OBTAIN A RESPONSE FROM APPLE!

Wi-Fi and GPS not working after iOS 10.3 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.