Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

turingtest2

This is Dave Jo's husband in Denville. I followed your instruction and had the msssing msi problem

so I followed the path to remove the REG SOURCE KEY file with the Package msi to my desktop.

Then rebooted and ran the download (for WinXP) using iTunes 12.1.3.6. It seemed to complete OK

but the final screen came back saying.............

ITunes was not installed correctly Please resinstall iTunes

Error 7 (Windows Error 127)

I still have the deleted REG SOURCE CODE on my desktop and do not know if I should

put it back into the REG EDIT files or leave it out.

I cannot find what to do to get around this new Error 7?

Dave Myerly

Posted on Apr 1, 2017 12:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2017 1:16 PM

Hi Dave,

You must be referring to this thread: itunes update.

I suggest starting over with the steps in Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components and in particular run the Microsoft utility mentioned in Note 1. Should that fail, try those given in Install missing components.

I don't think there is any particular benefit to reinstating the registry keys at this stage.

tt2

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2017 1:16 PM in response to jo from denville

Hi Dave,

You must be referring to this thread: itunes update.

I suggest starting over with the steps in Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components and in particular run the Microsoft utility mentioned in Note 1. Should that fail, try those given in Install missing components.

I don't think there is any particular benefit to reinstating the registry keys at this stage.

tt2

turingtest2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.