Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Beats X won't turn on after charge

After I've charged my BeatsX for at least a minimum of 30 minutes, they fail to turn on.

As it's charging, I can see the red LED slightly pulsating

But when I try turn the headphones on the LED flashes 3 times.

Are these faulty???

Beats X, iOS 10.3

Posted on Apr 1, 2017 11:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2017 9:46 AM

Same problem here. Very annoying. I read somewhere else to hold down the center pause button + power for 10 seconds and then release. I did this and got a combination of flashing red and white lights on the indicator, but after that it behaved in the same way.

This situation is especially off-putting because I've already been through 2 pairs of AirPods and now this is happening, and I've treated all three pairs of ear buds perfectly. I don't think Apple's wireless headphones are ready for prime time yet.

152 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2017 9:46 AM in response to Ulexes138

Same problem here. Very annoying. I read somewhere else to hold down the center pause button + power for 10 seconds and then release. I did this and got a combination of flashing red and white lights on the indicator, but after that it behaved in the same way.

This situation is especially off-putting because I've already been through 2 pairs of AirPods and now this is happening, and I've treated all three pairs of ear buds perfectly. I don't think Apple's wireless headphones are ready for prime time yet.

May 8, 2017 8:52 PM in response to cruthirds

I'm adding my complaint to this post... I've owned my beats x for a month now but the same symptoms as above and I've reset them too. No dice. Now they just sit with a permanent RED LIGHT while charging and three quick pulsing red lights when I try to turn on. DEAD DEAD DEAD. I'm going back to the Apple Store with these possibly for an exchange this week. Nobody seems to know how to fix this issue.

Jun 27, 2017 2:18 AM in response to andyyhope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoFJ_0fLf3s

I've had exactly the same - this would be for the second time. I bought these in early April, then had the power on issue and had to replace them at the end of April and now the problem has occurred again. I've noticed that when they fail to work the power indicator flashes 3 times in white then goes off. I've tried the volume button down + power reset procedure but it doesn't work.

To get around the issue I've noticed that if I wiggle the neck band where it connects to the battery that houses the power button (eventually) the headphones will start working again. On the flip side I can wiggle the neck band after and the headphones will fail to power on again.

I've tried getting them replaced with apple over their support but they are asking for my headphones to be sent in which really isn't convenient for me as I these are my only pair of headphones and I frequently use them for studying. I don't even own a pair of wired headphones any more and given the frequency of this issue I would expect it to be handled better than the current approach offered by Apple.

Apr 3, 2017 8:05 AM in response to andyyhope

Hi Andy,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Community. I understand you are having trouble turning your Beats on after charging, and I have some information that may help.

Have a look at the link below for some helpful troubleshooting steps for charging and resetting your Beats.

BeatsX Earphones Charging Help - Beats by Dre Support

If the behavior persists or you run into any trouble, we're here to help.
​Best Regards.

Apr 3, 2017 2:03 PM in response to Ulexes138

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. I followed the instructions on the link you sent me and they still fail to turn on.

I hold both the POWER+VOLUME DOWN for 10 seconds to try and reset the headphones; they respond by doing two sets of flashes, slow and then fast. This doesn't allow me to turn on the device because it still flashes red (3 times) when i hold the power button for 1 second.

Is there anything more specific i can do?

Jul 4, 2017 11:27 AM in response to andyyhope

Add me to the list as well. Got mine in May '17, used about 2-3 times a week. Charged them the other day and noticed when I went to unplug them that the red light was still on as if it were still charging. When I unplugged them:

Pressed power button

1. Observed 3-quick white LED flashes
  2. LED turns off

If I hold down the Volume [-] and Power button I observe:

1. 5-long red LED flashes
  2. 3-quick LED flashes
  3. LED turns off

Jul 20, 2017 10:03 PM in response to andyyhope

I have had the same problem with my BeatsX in the recent weeks, somehow I get it working again by following the below steps:

1. Power the BeatsX with lightning cable
  2. When it is charging, press power button and center pause button for 10 seconds and let go the buttons
  3. It will blink red and white several times, and after unplugging the cable, the headphone works again

However, after some days, and after the BeatsX charged again for some times, that 3-white-blink problem may come again. I have had this problem in the recent weeks for at least three times already.

This is the 2nd times I have had problems with my BeatsX. I bought my BeatsX at Apple store around March 2017, and it broke down less than a month of purchase (weak red light during charging and won't turn on at all), so I brought it back to Apple and waited a few weeks for a replacement. After receiving the new replacement device from Apple, in less than two months, this 3-white-blink problem come and make it unusable again suddenly.

BeatsX is the first product I purchased under Beats brand. I've been using the BeatsX carefully and charged it with all genuine Apple accessories. However it keeps breaking down and disappointing me. I bought a Bluetooth headphone for leisure but not for trouble. This experience with the BeatsX is extremely disappointing. I have never bought any headphone which can break down so easily and frequently within just few months of purchase. I will probably never buy any Beats product again.

May 17, 2017 3:41 AM in response to andyyhope

I bought my beats X two months a go. Yesterday I tried to use them and it wouldn't turn on, I waited and it worked. Today the same thing happened, I contacted support, reset it and it wouldn't turn on, till it did by itself. Afterwards I tried turning it off, and it didn't work ( I had to connect to a power source to do so. As I have no other choice I'm gonna have to take it to an apple store to get it fixed.

Buying the beats X was a waste of SG$198. The sound is trash (No bass) compared to the other devices, it is way more expensive than it is worth, it is not sweat proof (so whenever I'm using it I need to be worried about getting it wet), and now I can only use it when the device "feels like working".

Hope apple stop fake advertising this product or fix all of these problems.

May 17, 2017 4:16 AM in response to andyyhope

I too had this issue. Bought them on 23/2/17 and have been using my normal iphone cable to charge them as the supplied cable is to short. I took them to an apple store today 17/5 and spoke to the first person at the door and told them they weren't charging. She didn't ask any questions, didn't test them, simply scanned my receipt, went and grabbed another pair and swapped them over.

I was so surprised, but something tells me I havent been the first person.

Beats X won't turn on after charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.