Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error Msg - "Calendar Invitation"

Error Pop up - "Calendar Invitation - Your response to the invitation cannot be sent - Ok"

Pops up every 5 mins after update on the iOS 10.3.1

using iPhone 6

Posted on Apr 8, 2017 10:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2017 1:27 AM

I called apple for help on this issue. I did the below

Settings>Calendar>accounts

Select the account you believe is the problem ( I have several so u can select them all)

Turn off calendar (repeat w the other ones),

Turn off /start your phone

Turn your calendar/s back on

I tried it an hr ago and so far no more pop up notifications , I even tried sending an invite and replying to other and had no issues.

47 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2017 1:27 AM in response to Kenseq

I called apple for help on this issue. I did the below

Select the account you believe is the problem ( I have several so u can select them all)

I tried it an hr ago and so far no more pop up notifications , I even tried sending an invite and replying to other and had no issues.

Apr 8, 2017 10:12 PM in response to Kenseq

So what else should you be telling us about your particular situation?

What do you know that you're not telling us about the invitation? Did you accept it? Reject it? How long ago? Did some email anomaly occur along the way? Does the organizer have a legitimate email address?

These are just examples of things you may know, but we do not know.

Jun 23, 2017 6:58 AM in response to stephaniefromloveland

I am on a corp server so they were gone for about 30 minutes and then my calendar started syncing with my server. I had all my calendar stuff back within about 45 minutes and the error message doesnt pop up any longer. Seemed to work just fine. Easier fix than what the Apple tech i had on chat wanted me to do. He was ridiculous. Hope this works/worked for you

Jul 19, 2017 9:48 AM in response to Kenseq

The Above worked for me too!

Aug 20, 2017 6:00 AM in response to Kenseq

Hello,

Does anyone know why this keeps happening? I've had to go through this 'work around' several times over the last few months. Is there a permanent fix planned? Or something else? Do I need to look for the culprit in my email and contact that person who is doing something wrong?

Thanks much!

Oct 27, 2017 11:23 PM in response to abarlev

okay, I did this and it seems to have worked. It says it will delete the calendar but it doesn't at all. Just go through the steps. I turned them all off (but says delete when I toggle to button off, it doesn't)

Settings-> Accounts and Passwords

For each suspicious account select and switch off the calendar

Reboot the phone

Go back and switch on calendars.

BOOM

Nov 19, 2017 1:58 PM in response to Tumail

I know this is several months old but mine has started doing this with the most recent update. Kinda driving me batty. When I go to settings>calendar there’s no accounts setting to turn off? I’ve shut everything down, restarted and immediately it pops back up. I’ve even uninstalled the app but it mysteriously comes back. Maybe I just don’t need to be anywhere ;)

Mar 4, 2018 6:03 AM in response to Tumail

Yes, I also tried through the following and it worked:

Settings, accountability passwords and then I turned off and deleted each Calendar that was on. And then turned them back on and it worked. It actually fixed the view of my calendars to the way I needed to see them. So it may have had to do with my precious initiation on changing calendar views and then responding to and invite that trip these series of events. It seems as if apple has had more and more frequent issues since Steve jobs passing away. That It’s starting to feel like the quality of iphone is not worth their exorbitant price point. Hello apple get it together.

Error Msg - "Calendar Invitation"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.