You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic keyboard 2 CAPS LOCK light does not light up anymore

The light of the CAPS LOCK button does not turn on anymore. The button itself still has its function.

null-OTHER, macOS Sierra (10.12.4), Magic Keyboard 2

Posted on Apr 11, 2017 3:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2017 10:07 AM

RESOLVED. I am not sure why but when I selected keyboard preferences, keyboard, and modifier keys they were all set to do nothing. Not sure how they got to those selections. We had a previously paired magic wireless keyboard and it was working fine. When I set the options for caps lock to caps lock, control key to control, option key to option, and command key to command everything started working.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 17, 2017 10:07 AM in response to Zoey2561

RESOLVED. I am not sure why but when I selected keyboard preferences, keyboard, and modifier keys they were all set to do nothing. Not sure how they got to those selections. We had a previously paired magic wireless keyboard and it was working fine. When I set the options for caps lock to caps lock, control key to control, option key to option, and command key to command everything started working.

Magic keyboard 2 CAPS LOCK light does not light up anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.