Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Starz app won't load

I receive an error message each time I attempt to run the Starz app. I have tried the following, to no avail: restarting the Apple TV; power cycling the Apple TV; and deleting the Starz app and reinstalling. I wonder if the Starz app is compatible with the news Apple TV operating system. Any suggestions out there?

Posted on Apr 15, 2017 12:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2017 7:12 PM

Not sure if you ever resolved this, but I figure a bump might help the cause. For the past few weeks I've been unable to launch the Starz app on my 3rd generation Apple TV. Restarting and hard restart have no effect. Each time I get the message "Uh oh, something went wrong, try again later".

Unlike the current gen Apple TV, I can't uninstall or reinstall the application. Not sure what my options are, but it's super frustrating.

19 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2017 7:12 PM in response to hhorwitz

Not sure if you ever resolved this, but I figure a bump might help the cause. For the past few weeks I've been unable to launch the Starz app on my 3rd generation Apple TV. Restarting and hard restart have no effect. Each time I get the message "Uh oh, something went wrong, try again later".

Unlike the current gen Apple TV, I can't uninstall or reinstall the application. Not sure what my options are, but it's super frustrating.

Sep 23, 2017 11:12 PM in response to hhorwitz

Hey, I got tired of seeing this message and really wanted to watch a movie that just loaded to STARZ. Here are the steps I took to resolve the issues after about experiencing it for a month.

On apple TV I went to

Settings

General

Reset

Restore

After going through the restore settings

I went to Settings iCloud and and I set up the iCloud settings and iTunes Store settings.

Then I went to the STARZ app it asked for my logon code and it is now restored.

I hope this helps.

Starz app won't load

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.