Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

siri pop-up at start-up

A "Siri" Prompt, asking to turn on or off, keeps appearing at start up and stalls the start up process. It takes a while now to boot up so I go and do something else, come back ten minutes later and there's the Siri window asking if it should be turned on- every start up. Then after "continue", I have to sit there and wait another five or ten minutes for the computer to get itself in order.

It doesn't matter whether I turn it on or off or set prefs in the System Preferences.

This is among other daily issues that regard ignoring my preferences.

Thank you,

J

iMac, macOS Sierra (10.12)

Posted on Apr 24, 2017 6:21 AM

4 replies

Oct 5, 2017 9:35 AM in response to rgbnite

When a new user account is created , an options come in-between two enable the box of Siri , its up to the Mac user to check or uncheck the box .

And what password is it prompting to enter ( is it Apple ID password ) , please send a screen shot , for the time being for experimental purpose create a new user account .How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support

Oct 5, 2017 6:38 AM in response to tygb

I have the same problem, among many, concerning keeping preferences. Upon boot, either the Siri pop-up stops the opening process or the original sign-up window appears asking to sign-in (in which the password is not accepted after going thru the prompts). Siri is always enabled in System prefs. Then throughout the day, pop-ups that ask for my password, which is not accepted after going thru the prompts, intrude my work space and don't allow work to continue until I cancel- and they appear twice! I've learned to live with this for over a year. There are all sorts of eccentricities I learned to work around. Recommendations? Thank you, Joe.

Imac, OS10.12.3

siri pop-up at start-up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.