Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari can't log into social security website but Chrome can

i can access the social security website through Safari, but can't log into My Social Security. When I type in my ID and password, the next screen says "Were Sorry We Cannot Process your Request at this time". This has gone on for over 10 days. More importantly, I can log in okay using Chrome on the same computer. I've tried to reset password, tried to claim lost user ID but can't do that b/c I get the same screen saying "We're sorry we cannot process etc......". I even called SS and had them delete my old account and I created a new one account and still can't access with Safari even after cleaning history, etc (but can access it on Chrome so think this must be a Safari problem). I'm on Sierra 10.12.4 and all updates have been processed. I called social security to no avail. since Safari is my main browser I'd like to use Safari. Any ideas? Thanks

iMac 27" intel I5, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Apr 26, 2017 11:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2017 7:52 AM

Your post caused me to retry the Social Security website using Safari (as I always do). I started here:

User uploaded file

I have always succeeded in signing in in the past and indeed just did so once again today. I am using a MacBook Pro running MacOS Sierra 10.12.4.

You said you cleared history. I suggest doing so once again, perhaps for a very long period (e.g., Safari > Clear History > Clear All History from Safari's menu).

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2017 7:52 AM in response to rwstroy

Your post caused me to retry the Social Security website using Safari (as I always do). I started here:

User uploaded file

I have always succeeded in signing in in the past and indeed just did so once again today. I am using a MacBook Pro running MacOS Sierra 10.12.4.

You said you cleared history. I suggest doing so once again, perhaps for a very long period (e.g., Safari > Clear History > Clear All History from Safari's menu).

Apr 27, 2017 8:10 AM in response to rwstroy

You can also try deleting the caches.

Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db and move it to the trash.

safari can't log into social security website but Chrome can

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.