Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setting up Mac Calendar Repeating Events with applescript & automator

Hi all,

I am having issues setting up a repeating event with automator that triggers an applescript.

I got some event scheduled that seems to trigger the applescript 1x but it didn't repeat...

Can someone give some details how to set this up?

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on May 10, 2017 11:12 AM

3 replies

May 20, 2017 1:25 PM in response to revDAVE

somebody else had same problem - won't trigger after 1st time...

Finally got automator and calendar to work.

I was able to accomplish this as well, but I'm having a devil of a time getting the workflow to repeat after the first event.

The calendar repeats the event, but does not trigger the workflow app.

For example, I want a workflow to be triggered on the 1st of every month.

I go to the workflow in Automator and schedule it for September 1st, which adds a calendar entry in the "Automator" Calendar on my Mac.

I then edit the Calendar entry to repeat every month, and I see it add the event to the 1st of every month thereafter.

On September 1st the Workflow executes beautifully but then October 1st rolls around and nothing happens.

Its driving me mad.

Dec 12, 2017 12:53 PM in response to revDAVE

I also had this problem, but I think I've found a solution - or at least another way of doing it.

Basically, ignore the calendar event method & instead use another method of timed launching of your automator or AppleScript application.

I've just tried Lingon X 5 - https://www.peterborgapps.com/lingon/ which allows you to launch an app using the Mac's in-built launchd system, at particular times on selected days of the week. Note that I don't think you can run something on a particular date using this system - there may be other software available that does this.

Setting up Mac Calendar Repeating Events with applescript & automator

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.