Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple music is not working in iTunes (Win10)

In main screen i see few marks - Library, For me, Browse, Radio and Store.
In Library all fine - i see my albums, etc. and everything works.

In Browse all works too - i see list of playlists, can play playlists, ca open playlist and i see songs.

BUT in "For Me" i have a big trouble. I see lists of playlists too, can click Play on albumcovers (so can playing songs), but i can not open that playlists. I see only download wheel.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

null-OTHER, Windows 10

Posted on May 15, 2017 11:53 AM

31 replies

Nov 14, 2017 6:23 AM in response to antheco

I have the same issue. Has been going on since October. It was fixed for a week then it started again. Apple Support is stumped. Turning off iCloud Music Library will let me listen but my saved albums vanish.

Well the only solution that worked was to cancel Apple Music get a prorated refund and switch to another music service. I have been with them for a year but if I can't listen to Apple Music in iTunes on my Windows 10 Home PC then it is useless. Of course on my Android phone it works fine.

User uploaded file

May 16, 2017 4:21 PM in response to vladimir22666

Hello, vladimir22666.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I understand that the "playlists" for the Albums section in "For You" is not displaying anything. I may have a few suggestions to help with this. Restart your PC if you haven't already. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes: Update to the latest version of iTunes You may also try clearing the iTunes cache. Go to Edit > Preferences > Advanced > Reset Cache. Here's an article for reference: iTunes for Windows: iTunes Advanced preferences

Reset iTunes Store cache

iTunes saves the store pages you visit on your computer in a temporary location called the cache. If you return later, iTunes can retrieve the page from the cache faster than getting it from the Internet.

If the content on a page seems outdated, you can reset the cache to retrieve the latest version. If you think a page isn’t opening properly, resetting the cache may help.

Let me know if this helps.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

May 23, 2017 6:19 AM in response to vladimir22666

Hello, vladimir22666.

I would suggest a few different troubleshooting steps to help narrow down the issue. Make sure your Windows operating system is up-to-date. If possible, try another internet connection. Follow the steps in this link here: Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later to uninstall/reinstall iTunes.

Here are some articles for additional troubleshooting with iTunes for reference:

If your Windows firewall is blocking iTunes

Advanced steps for fixing issues with iTunes Store connection

TCP and UDP ports used by Apple software products

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

Jul 29, 2017 8:42 PM in response to Matthew.S81

Hi,

I am experiencing the exact same issue. I access my iTunes music on four devices. The only device that isn't affected by this is my mobile device. The other three devices are 2x Win 10 machines, and 1 x Macbook.

I have updated my iTunes to the latest version on all devices.

I installed iTunes fresh on both my Win 10 machines. Resetting the cache had no effect.

I have verified the firewall settings are correct.

@vladimir22666: Are you still experiencing this issue?

Nov 17, 2017 6:47 AM in response to vladimir22666

Apple, could you help us? It looks like you guys do not care about this problem. Also, don't write default answers like reinstall/uninstall iTunes in the right order or clear cache. I checked 3 PCs with Windows, and the "For You" page doesn't work correctly on any of them (On macOS, everything works perfectly). Also, I checked firewall, thousand times, and it's fine. I really hope you will help me and others. Thank you.

Nov 19, 2017 3:16 PM in response to moddi3

Also, don't write default answers like reinstall/uninstall iTunes in the right order or clear cache.

There was no suggestion to uninstall/reinstall iTunes made in this conversation.

The suggestion was to clear the cache and possibly update to the latest version.

As noted, you have isolated this to the Windows platform.

Both suggestions are valid. Have you tried them?

Dec 8, 2017 11:52 AM in response to vladimir22666

This same exact thing has been happening to me for months? Is there no solution? I'd hate to have to switch to Spotify, but I figured it'd be fixed by now. I refuse to be bullied into buying a Mac, I honestly feel like Apple is strong arming their customers here. We pay $10 a month and expect good service on all devices, not just Apple ones. Don't offer the service if you won't support it. I won't even bring up all the issues the Android version has. Spotify I can play any song, any time, with easy scrobbling. Such a pain in the *** on Android version of Apple Music. Spotify has no more access to Android(and Windows as well) than Apple but their app runs twice as smooth. Apple is a massive company, these issues must be fixed.

Dec 8, 2017 12:32 PM in response to mcafc98

Hi mcafc98,

Are you on Windows 10 as well? I just realized that vladimir had put that right at the top of the post 😕

I've had to contact Microsoft support on this issue before on behalf of several people - 10 doesn't like to play well with iTunes

Needless to say, I'm sticking with Windows 8.1

I experienced a few problems at first, but nothing the articles couldn't fix

But again, no way I'd go with Windows 10 unless I had to or the laptop came with.

Best thing is to contact the official Microsoft Support site and chat with a rep; that was the only way I was able to help others - it was a configuration issue within Windows, but each case is always unique

Dec 10, 2017 10:19 AM in response to vladimir22666

I managed to fix the problem for a couple of weeks after contacting apple support by creating an exemption in Avast. It stopped working again this evening though. I hadn't changed a thing. I was browsing Apple Music without any issues then all of a sudden the dreaded loading icon appeared and now I'm back to the exact problem I had before. I have been able to access the homepage of the For You and Browse tab since it broke again but as I am writing this, Itunes is even struggling to load these pages. I tried updating to the latest release of iTunes since it broke and it has seemed to make the problem worse. This problem has now been going on for months. I'm surprised it wasn't fixed in the last update. To reiterate my exact problem, I can access my Library without issue and my android app still works. However as soon as I try and browse Apple Music on my Windows 10 laptop the loading icon appears and continues to load indefinitely. I have tried everything, I even uninstalled all security software and tried to run it then to no avail. Help!

Dec 17, 2017 5:48 AM in response to LACAllen

I also have a Windows 10 issue with Apple Music.

Since the Fall 2017 update to Windows 10, iTunes cycles through the tracks of an album, displaying the track details for a second or so. 'Play' is ignored, so I have no music.

I updated to the latest iTunes that arrived as a software update today and have cleared the cache. Doing so has made iTunes faster to display pages but not solved the key issue.

iTunes is unusable on my laptop now. It runs well on my iPad.

Any solution to this? If it's worth deleting and reinstalling I'll do that, or apply any other possible solution. Currently I'm paying for a service I do not receive.

Thanks,

Ian

Dec 19, 2017 10:24 AM in response to liv0123

I have contacted them and they basically just said, "Sorry, Apple needs to release an update". They said multiple other people have had the EXACT issue I am having(with the for your playlists not displaying). I cancelled my service yesterday, at least I got a refund.

I will maybe resign after New Years and try some other solutions, but for now Spotify Premium is less of a hassle with 90% of the same features. I do like having the iTunes match thing, but I may just get that seprately at this point.

Dec 20, 2017 11:35 AM in response to vladimir22666

I have managed to solve the problem on my laptop for the second time and once again it was a conflict with my security software.

I uninstalled iTunes and all of its components as mentioned previously, including deleting the iTunes folder in Music, then reinstalled it with my security software disabled. It is now functioning normally again.

This is the second time I managed to solve the problem by messing with my security software. It was Avast the first time and Windows Defender the second time. I would recommend everyone else having this problem tries reinstalling iTunes with security disabled.

Apple music is not working in iTunes (Win10)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.