Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes radio page went blank on my laptop

Every day at work—on my 2013 15-inch MacBook Pro, running OS X 10.9.5—I listen to my favorite iTunes radio station, The Mixtape. Over the past few months it would occasionally do the thing where a song would end and it would stop playing altogether, so I'd click back to it and hit play again. Annoying but not the end of the world.

Then I came in one day and while the Radio tab is there and still selectable, the page itself is completely blank. As are the For You and Browse tabs. Library and Store work fine.

Made sure to update to the latest version—12.6.1.27—double-checked it wasn't the company fire-walling me. I logged into and out of my Apple account, turned Apple Match on and off, but none of it has worked. And I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get my radio stations back.

PLEASE HELP ME.

MacBook Pro, iOS 10

Posted on Jun 7, 2017 10:03 AM

8 replies

Jun 7, 2017 10:50 AM in response to brightmaster

It's not just a single station missing, but rather the whole Radio page is completely blank whenever I open up iTunes, like this:

User uploaded file

I quit and restart, but nothing shows up under "For You," "Browse," or "Radio." Only the "Library" and "Store" tabs show me anything usable.

Do you think it might help to uninstall then reinstall?

And thanks for replying...

Jun 7, 2017 10:40 AM in response to eLizconnor

But could you listen to any other station or it just completely blank every time you open up iTunes?

There's a bug in iTunes that haven't been fixed yet since the beginning of Apple Music that every time you browse something that turned to be a "silent" error whether it's from For You, Browse, or Radio, it will just show a blank page.

But once you restart iTunes it should be able to working again. So what's in your situation? Can you open Radio tab without having any blank page after you restarted iTunes? If so then it could be the station is not available anymore.

Jun 7, 2017 11:02 AM in response to eLizconnor

Before try to reinstall how about just rename your iTunes folder to anything, this way iTunes will start with new library. See if it solve the problem. If it solve then quite iTunes, delete the newly created iTunes folder and rename your old iTunes folder back to iTunes and open up iTunes again.

If it's still not solve your problem maybe try to use any app that can clear iTunes caches like CleanMyMac for example. Quit iTunes, clear the caches, and open up iTunes again.

It it's still not solve your problem then finally you could try to reinstall iTunes. Correct me if I'm wrong, as far as I know there's no way to delete iTunes from Application folder without disabling the SIP (System Integrity Protection). But app like CleanMyMac will be able to uninstall iTunes without having any problem.

Jun 7, 2017 11:51 AM in response to eLizconnor

** Wait, which iTunes folder should I rename?

Oh sorry I didn't told you the detail.

** Do you mean the Library name in iTunes under "Preferences"? Or open a window in the Finder, choose Music, then iTunes, and change the folder named "iTunes Media"?

The iTunes folder that I meant was the one at the ~/Music/iTunes folder where ~ is just a shortcut for your Home directory, it could be something like /Users/You/Music/iTunes. So basically is what you just said using Finder. You can rename it to anyway you like.

Some of iTunes preferences and your library are stored at that folder. So when you rename or delete that folder iTunes will create a new library to be used.

When you're done, you can rename it back to "iTunes" (without quote) just like i said. This way iTunes will use that folder.

Just remember before renaming/deleting you need to quit iTunes first. It's also a good practice if you also do sign out.

Basically this is what people do to manage multiple library or to backup their library.

iTunes radio page went blank on my laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.