Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Control AirPod volume from Watch while they play audio from an iPhone app?

An employee at the Apple Store today told me that the Apple Watch can always control AirPod volume—not just when the AirPods are playing audio FROM the Watch (which I'd never do) but also when they are playing audio from your iPhone.

They said you just swipe up on the Watch for the Control Center, and you'll see volume controls for the AirPods (normally hidden if you don't own them) which will work with any iPhone app's audio.

I can find no mention of this online, nor any screenshots of those volume controls.

Is this a fiction? I'd love it if it's true!

(He also told me that Beats Solo3 do not have pause and volume controls—which I now know to be false. I'm hoping he wasn't making up the AirPods thing too.)

Posted on Jun 13, 2017 5:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2017 8:44 AM

Hi

It is not possible to control the volume via Control Centre.

When listening to audio via AirPods with your iPhone as the source, options for controlling playback volume via your Apple Watch include using the Now Playing app:

Open the Now Playing app via the Dock:

Adjust the volume either by rotating the Digital Crown or by tapping on the Volume button and adjusting it via the + and - buttons.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2017 8:44 AM in response to Morgan Adams1

Hi

It is not possible to control the volume via Control Centre.

When listening to audio via AirPods with your iPhone as the source, options for controlling playback volume via your Apple Watch include using the Now Playing app:

Open the Now Playing app via the Dock:

Adjust the volume either by rotating the Digital Crown or by tapping on the Volume button and adjusting it via the + and - buttons.

Dec 26, 2017 3:59 AM in response to Jonathan UK

Hi

i find this by mistake. And it works. Which is great because the AirPods don’t have volume control and if you have the watch you want to use it rather than digging your phone out.

The way way I do is it as follows:

1. I double tap to stop AirPods.

2. Double tap again to start play.

3. Then go to music on watch. It shows playing from watch or iPhone.

4. Tap the iPhone and voila you have volume for your AirPods for volume from Watch Using the crown.

Alos you can go to next track using the watch. Brilliant.

Really neet

Control AirPod volume from Watch while they play audio from an iPhone app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.