Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipad is disabled and when i connect to itunes it says unlock my ipad first but my ipad is disabled so i cant put my password in.

my ipad is disabled I tried to connect to iTunes like it says but it keeps telling me I need to unlock my ipad first but my ipad is disabled so I cant put my password in help!!!!

iOS 10.3.2, ipad disabled

Posted on Jun 24, 2017 12:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2017 12:04 PM

You are going to have to use the instructions here on this support document. If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support If it is asking for a passcode, then you need to put the device in Recovery Mode.

17 replies

Nov 11, 2017 3:08 PM in response to Maddiewh

I'm not sure if you have fixed the problem, but if you still haven't fixed it or someone else needs some help with this, please follow these simple steps.

1. Turn your phone off, completely.

Some refer to it as a "hard shutdown", where you press and hold the on/off button for 3 seconds, and the phone gives you an option to power off. Slide it to confirm you want your phone to be powered off.

2.Open iTunes then plug the USB adaptor into the computer, but not the phone.

Plugging it into your phone makes you have to repeat everything.

3. Hold the home button on your phone, then plug it into the computer.

An alert box should show up giving you the option to restore or update.

4. Decide to update or restore.

Updating can possibly work, and it will always keep all the data on your phone. If updating doesn't work, then you will have to sadly restore the phone, deleting everything on it.

Hope this helps

-Sneaky

my ipad is disabled and when i connect to itunes it says unlock my ipad first but my ipad is disabled so i cant put my password in.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.