Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i am trying to create a new apple ID. Everytime i enter the verification code it fails and say, "email code verification faile." what can i do?

Trying to creat a new Apple ID but when I enter the verification code it says, "email code verification failed."

Posted on Jul 12, 2017 9:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2017 7:52 PM

Yes gail from maine, i did read the thread. The post just above my previous post is completely unrelated with my situation.

I do receive the "Email code verification failed" but i am using a fresh, never used before, AppleID.

Thank you for the Feedback link though.

28 replies

Aug 23, 2017 12:18 PM in response to Briansyddall

Same thing here

1) happens on MacBook Air and iPad pro trying to create new itunes account via itunes app

2) email is received and the text box shows up to enter it in the app

3) after entering the number the error message popped up “email code verification failed “

It’s only a five digit code I know I’m doing it right and I’ve tried ”resend email” as well as starting all over multiple times with the same result.

Jul 13, 2017 10:38 AM in response to Asvmeadowvista

Hey, Asvmeadowvista.

After reviewing your post, it appears that you're having difficulty creating an Apple ID. You get a message stating "email code verification failed". I'm happy to help.

If you didn't receive your verification or reset email -- Apple will send an email to the account listed in order to verify it's a working account.

Enjoy your day!

Aug 31, 2017 10:38 PM in response to Waleed(y)

It's a very strange message. The only thread I could find for that specific message provided a link, but that was for when you didn't receive an email.

However, it also had the Apple Support link at the bottom, and I think that is where you want to go at this point: Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

(that is the link that was provided in the article: If you didn't receive your verification or reset email - Apple Support)

Best of luck,

GB

Sep 2, 2017 7:24 PM in response to tiagotix73

Did you read the thread? The post just above yours has provided the reason that this message appears. If you are getting a different message, then you need to start a new thread.

BTW - this is a user to user technical support forum. Apple is not here. You can send your request to Apple here: Apple - Feedback. They don't respond to feedback, but they do read all of it.

GB

Sep 5, 2017 8:08 PM in response to dmytrofromodessa

dmytrofromodessa wrote:

So, it wasn't the Apple ID that was signed into Messages, it was just an email that you added to the Send/Receive list?

Exactly so. It was the additional e-mail, I added to the send/receive list in iMessages .

When I used a 'fresh' email address, the verification was done in one attempt.

good luck

Well, thanks for following up with that info. It is very helpful to know about certain conditions that can cause this issue. May not know how to fix it, but I think it helps to be able to at least know what is causing it 🙂.

Thanks for following up and posting back!

If you want to be able to use that email address for an Apple ID, you might want to contact Apple to see if they have any solutions for this conundrum: ACCOUNT SECURITY SUPPORT

Thanks again!

GB

Aug 9, 2017 1:24 AM in response to Asvmeadowvista

same problem. I am a very experienced user. I enter all my info. do the captcha and click next. I then get an email. I enter the code into the little boxes and first time it says unknown error occurred. when I try to enter again it send me back to the enter your name screen. I tried on multiple devices multiple times. I used regular protocol like restart computer, clear cache, etc. keep getting this same error.

Sep 1, 2017 12:58 AM in response to _jorgos

I eventually sorted this! The email address I was trying to use for the new AppleID was one that my son had been using on my AppleID for his own phone. It turns out that you can use a different email address for iMessages and Facetime, and these are set in the settings for each app. It seems that if the email address is already being used that the new AppleID registration process fails.

Sep 4, 2017 10:22 PM in response to dmytrofromodessa

dmytrofromodessa wrote:

Possibly it has something to do with the fact that first email was used for iMessage.

Sorry, not sure what that means? Are you indicating that the email you were trying to use was set up as an additional email on Messages? If so, that is an interesting thing to know, and I think that may have been what zippyneil was describing as well.

So, it wasn't the Apple ID that was signed into Messages, it was just an email that you added to the Send/Receive list?

Cheers,

GB

i am trying to create a new apple ID. Everytime i enter the verification code it fails and say, "email code verification faile." what can i do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.