Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch does not come on on wrist raise etc

My Apple Watch does not come on when wrist is raised

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Aug 14, 2017 5:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2017 9:37 PM

This is ridiculous. Why would this function stop working even when it is set to do so?

Also, what are those 2 orange overlapping faces at the top of the watch face? Thanks!

5 replies

Nov 26, 2017 2:58 AM in response to ursi.reno

ursi.reno wrote:

This is ridiculous. Why would this function stop working even when it is set to do so?

Also, what are those 2 orange overlapping faces at the top of the watch face? Thanks!

In your case, the function has stopped working because you told it to, by enabling Theatre Mode (the two masks / faces).

Follow these steps - which are included within my previous reply - to turn it off:

Aug 15, 2017 12:04 AM in response to rayangel

Hi

The following steps may help (check after each):

If you have not yet done so, update your iPhone and Apple Watch to the latest software, starting with your iPhone:

Check your settings:

• On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > General > Wake Screen > check that Wake Screen on Wrist Raise is turned on.

Check that Theatre Mode is not enabled on your Apple Watch:

You might also wish to use the following settings:

• On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > General > Wrist Detection - turn this on.
  • On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > Passcode > Turn Passcode on.
  • Also on the Passcode settings screen, enable Unlock with iPhone.
    • With these settings, after putting it on your wrist, your watch will then unlock after whatever you do first: either unlocking your watch manually (by entering the passcode) or unlocking your iPhone.
  • It will then remain unlocked (including when the screen is asleep) until you remove it from your wrist. When you remove your watch, it will lock automatically.

Restart both your iPhone and your Apple Watch, turning both off together, then restarting your iPhone first:

Unpair and re-pair your watch:

If the issue then persists, I suggest that you contact Apple Support (mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider for assistance, including - if recommended - to arrange for your Apple Watch to be checked and, if required, serviced:

Apple Watch Service Answer Center - Apple Support

Apple Watch does not come on on wrist raise etc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.