Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

fraud transaction called Apple nz GCS

There was a fraud transaction called Apple Nz GCS done from my account, 600 dollars have been deducted from my wifes account yesterday.Iam so dissapointed with apple now, can any one tell me how do I have to get my money back?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Aug 19, 2017 5:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2017 5:42 PM

Are you sure it is from Apple?

If you see "itunes.com/bill" or an unfamiliar charge on your bank, credit ...

18 replies

Aug 19, 2017 5:57 PM in response to roaminggnome

I cant see it in the purchase history but i can see it in my wifes bank transactions since ours is joint account. so I am assuming that the account is hacked.

Actually Iam using iphone and my wife is using Android, the account which I have given in my apple is joint account an d money has been deducted from my wifes account. So what I dont understand is money has been deducted from my wifes account but not my account. So I am assuming the account has been hacked some how.

Aug 19, 2017 6:11 PM in response to san1217

Deal with your credit card company and advise them that the charges are fraudulent. If you are in the U.S., they WILL assist you because Federal Law states that you are not responsible for anything above $50 after you report the issue. The CC company will reimburse you and will put a hold on your card. You will receive a new one (with a new number) in the mail.

Again, this is not Apple's fault or responsibility.

Aug 25, 2017 1:56 AM in response to san1217

Happened to me too. I discovered today that $520.92 was taken from my credit card within the last 36 hours. The reference on each of the credit card transactions were 'Apple Nz Gcs'. You will need to speak to your card issuer/bank to dispute the charge. They will arrange a refund but it can be quite a lengthy process. VISA and Master Card rules state that fraudulent transactions must be repaid to the cardholder from the issuing bank. Hope that helps.

Aug 25, 2017 9:07 AM in response to throneroom

Because of preferences that I chose, my Capital-One VISA card sends me a txt message for all charges $USD50 and higher. I know about the charges literally within minutes after the charges are incurred. At this point, the charges are still "pending."

Recently I was hit by a bogus $1500 charge from a travel agency. I used my iPhone app to disable my card and then I called Capital-One to report the fraudulent charge. It took all of two days to get the charge removed. I received a new card number immediately and a physical card was sent to me via Fed-X for delivery the next business day.

FWIW, a lot of my experience results from my credit record in general and my record with this card issuer. With an 815 FICO, I don't have to worry about a thing.

Aug 25, 2017 9:22 AM in response to san1217

It's either a coincidence that the scammers are using Apple's name to commit a crime or your Apple ID got hacked. Change your Apple ID, just in case it is the source of the breach. Remove your card from apple store too.

I find it surprising that some of you have to wait a few days to get the fraudulent charge(s) removed. I've had fraudulent charges on my credit card too but I got it removed right away. All I did was just making one phone call to the bank. My bank removed it immediately.

Oct 4, 2017 8:30 PM in response to OvertounTce

This issue either means that you've been negligent in the protection of your own account, or if you have already checked your purchase history at https://reportaproblem.apple.com , and do not see the charges in question, the more likely scenario is that your payment card information has been compromised externally from Apple, and the thief happened to use your information to make digital purchases on the iTunes or App Stores.

You should first do your due diligence and check the "Report a Problem" site linked above, and if you still have questions, you should first contact Apple via phone at https://getsupport.apple.com > iTunes & Apple Music > iTunes Store... and proceed accordingly to get in touch with a phone representative.

People blaming Apple for their compromised cards or negligence in securing their accounts are ignorant.

Compromised credit and debit cards happen all the time in all locations at an increasing rate every day.

Nov 21, 2017 1:16 AM in response to san1217

It’s Mainly Apple Music.

If you have subscribed to Apple Music subscription and OR are purchasing Music Albums etc and even Videos or Apps then this Is charging you.

If you have any other DEVICES logged in using your details etc (Your wife’s/husbands kids or relatives Apple devices) then it could be them making these purchases.

I’ve just nailed it on the head after finding the source of APPLE GCS and it is Indeed Apple.

fraud transaction called Apple nz GCS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.