Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Approval of a device

How does one approve a device from another device. I keep getting messages to approve my devices from another device even though they are already signed in to iCloud.

iPhone 7

Posted on Aug 20, 2017 10:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2017 10:27 AM

If your Apple ID is enabled for either two-step verification or two-factor authentication, a trusted device is required to receive a verification code so you an log in with your Apple ID.

You control which devices are trusted here: Manage your Apple ID

24 replies

Oct 1, 2017 6:06 PM in response to katson

So typically, the way this works is this:

You try to log on to your computer for the first time. You enter your password. It seems like you, but just to be sure, a text message is sent to your phone, with a four or six-digit code. You look at the message on your phone, and enter the code on the computer.

Now your computer is marked as Trusted, and you will generally not have to do the two-step process again, except in unusual circumstances.

Jan 1, 2018 12:27 PM in response to katson

They removed my comment, so let me rephrase: This 2-step authentication is a DISASTER. I have tried to implement this many times and it never works. It tells you to "go to another device logged into your iCloud account to approve" and there is simply no place to go and do so. All my devices are trusted and appear in my managed devices. But there is no prompt, no button to click to "approve" and no verification code that appears on the device that need to be verified. And My phone NEVER displays a place to enter a code!!!

This system is broken and even 30 minutes on apple support chat did not get me anywhere. FIX IT!

Jan 1, 2018 7:23 PM in response to AbbaSez

I have the exact same problem All three devices listed as trusted - on all three devices. None of them allow "accept" as an option. Have turned off two-factor, started over, multiple times. I get the same blooming response on every device. Except my Windows PC. It can't do approvals but shows everything as trusted.

Apple...PLEASE help with this. This all occurred after you sent the update for Apple Pay. There is some glitch in that download that needs to be addressed.

Approval of a device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.