Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reverse command line in Terminal

Hey!

I've tried to solve the problem presented in this thread: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8058186

And I'm know trying to reverse this command line:

sudo dscl . mcxset /Users/USERNAME com.apple.Safari HomePage always -string "ADDRESS"

I'm stuck into reversing the always options because now my Safari HomePage is blocked

Cheers!

Edw

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Sep 6, 2017 4:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2017 6:28 PM

As federico87 said in this thread:Homepage of safari is locked and unable to change it

Go to system preferences / profile and delete the profile "set safari homepage..." using the - (minus) sign down the window. Then you can change the homepage!

It works!!

8 replies

Sep 6, 2017 4:56 PM in response to Niel

Hey! thank you for your answer!

I tried what you said but seems it keeps locked now with another webpage (I think by the hijacked I suffered yesterday) which I have already erased from my computer and even chrome.

User uploaded file

with the command presented at the question I can change the Homepage but when I use the commad you presented it seem it put searchpage.com back...

Nov 6, 2017 10:31 AM in response to Niel

Niel, if you're still around, also want to reverse this command.

sudo dscl . mcxsetdelete /Users/USERName com.apple.Safari HomePage always -string "ADDRESS" doesn't restore the original. It does remove what was previously greyed out for Home Page in Safari> Prefs>General, but leaves "http://address/ which can't be removed. And "Set to Current Page" remains greyed out.

No parental controls set.

Also no Sys Prefs>Profile tab, either in 10.11 or 10.12

andyBall_uk, who was the original author of this command hasn't been around for a few years now.

Reverse command line in Terminal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.