Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 11 touch screen issues 6S

After installing iOS onto my iPhone 6S I go to input my passcode and the touch screen does not work. I've hard reset my 6S more than 15 times. One of those times I got the touch screen to work. I was able to unlock the phone in. I had to reboot for some reason and the issue is back. I did not have this issue with my phone AT ALL before iOS 11 today. Except with the beta. Now I am stuck hard resetting my iphone. Does anyone have a solution for this issue?? Anyone know to downgrade back to iOS 10.3.3?

Update: Just got it to work after 10 more hard resets. I log in. After a while the screen goes back to passcode and the touch screen stops working again...WHATS GOING ON? I can unlock the phone using touch but that's about it. I'm getting tired of these software issues...

iPhone 6s, iOS 11

Posted on Sep 19, 2017 1:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2017 1:53 PM

I am having the same problem iPhone 6s 64GB. Was working fine under 10.3.3. After update to iOS 11, the touch screen is non-responsive. Have updated from itunes 3 times, and many hard resets, and nothing works.

154 replies

Oct 5, 2017 8:54 PM in response to Bausen90

Looks like Apple is no more interested in fixing the issue but making everyone pay for Apple original parts. They did this with the fingerprint sensor and now appears they are trying the same with the touchscreen, so basically forcing us to only get our problems fixed from Apple Care at a far high cost.
I was so eagerly waiting for iPhone X but with this **** customer care and absolutely no regard for the money we put on the product, I'm done with Apple. if I don't get my 6s fully functional by Apple without paying for the screen this will be last Apple product I'll ever use.

Sep 29, 2017 7:00 AM in response to Astrododo

In response to my own post. There are clearly users with other than iPhone 6's judging by other threads on the board. The most common, but not exclusive, connection is third party screen replacement but there are some users who have had no repairs and still have the same issue. Excessive heat during updating/reinstallstion has also been mentioned.

Here's an interesting thread on the subject that I've just added to.

Re: iOS 11 incredibly slow on iPhone 7 Plus

Please follow up if any any one has or reads of anything further.

Sep 19, 2017 2:06 PM in response to hsudog

hsudog wrote:

I am having the same problem iPhone 6s 64GB. Was working fine under 10.3.3. After update to iOS 11, the touch screen is non-responsive. Have updated from itunes 3 times, and many hard resets, and nothing works.

Have you tried a full power down, i.e. turn phone of completely

and turn it back on?

Personally I am not having any issues with my 6S. I did however

close all apps and powered down, then powered back up before

doing the upgrade to iOS 11.

It does a little more than just a reset.

Sep 19, 2017 2:31 PM in response to jono91702

There's a major bug. I put my phone into recovery mode once again. Restored and installed iOS 11. Same issue. Did hard resets and one of them worked and now I am restoring my phone via my icloud trying hard not to let the screen go to sleep as I type this.... ok, minutes later after restoring my iCloud backup the iphone restarted itself. FML! ...It now says restore completed but I can not continue due to the touch screen not working.

Apple has some serious explaining to do. I can't use my $900 iPhone 6S 128Gb phone after their update...

I would love to hear from Apple about this.

Sep 21, 2017 12:03 AM in response to didushyn

So, I think I figured something out through time consuming trial and error.

When I was able to get the touch screen to work arftee many many hard resets I disabled the passcode. I then turned my 6S off then on. Behold, the screen goes straight to the home screen and the touch screen works.

I’m thinking there’s an issue with the passcode disabling or glitching the tough screen. Not allowing the touch screen to work correctly.

So, do many hard resets until the touch screen works then disable the passcode and fingerprint.

Hopefully Apple issues and update to this soon or I’ll be an android user again within a month or two.

Sep 22, 2017 2:18 AM in response to jono91702

I have been reading on this issue, which I have as well on my 6S 64Gb and it seems to be a hardware problem affecting mainly people who replaced their screen with a non official one.

I guess Apple could solve it in a later update, but so far, you are stuck with iOS 10 if you have this problem. The only solution offered to someone going to Apple was to replace the screen again for an official one.

It is a combination of a software and a hardware issue and there is definitely nothing you can do to prevent it. I am screwed now as I bought a watch 3 that cames with watchOS4 and can only be paired to an iPhone running iOS11

Sep 22, 2017 2:40 AM in response to lmcamoes

Yes, there is no problem there. I managed to make iOS11 work once, which was enough to set up the watch for now, but i will be back to iOS10 later. That means no watch pairing until they solve this issue. I guess they will do in a later update. They seem to have had issues with 3d touch, and this will be implemented in the near future, so let's hope is solved then.

iOS 11 touch screen issues 6S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.